Do you experience lags when using Ableton Live? Are you seeking a laptop that will allow you to run Ableton smoothly and without stutter? A remedy to this millennia’s ills is at hand.
People from all worlds may come together on a single platform because of the universal appeal of music. Technological advancements have taken over the music industry in the same way they have taken over the rest of our lives.
Playing with the beat and inventing new things is now easier than ever, thanks to the abundance of tools available nowadays. Because of this, a laptop capable of running the software without problems requires. Don’t worry, and we’ve compiled a list of the best cheap laptops for Ableton live (Under $500) that takes your needs into account.
7 Best Laptops For Ableton Live 9 , 10
MSI GE66 Core i7-10750H:
|Processor||The 10th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor|
|Graphics Adapter||Nvidia RTX 2070 Super|
In terms of performance and power, the MSI GE66 Raider is a step up from the best laptop for Ableton live 9 while remaining within the price range that most of us can comfortably afford.
Many of the most noticeable improvements are made by altering the design. However, the MSI Raider GE66’s internals and performance will decide whether or not it succeeds or fails. There are three different basic variants of the GE66 available to those who are interested.
If you don’t mind the lack of Thunderbolt 3 ports, the connectivity is excellent. USB ports on the MSI board are divided between three Type-A and two Type-C connectors. There are two of these, one of which supports DisplayPort, which supports the 3.2 Gen 2×2 standard (up to 20 Gb/s).
- Graphics on the Fast Track: The RTX 2070 SUPER is equipped with ray tracing technology, producing visually accurate shadows, reflections, and lighting for more immersive visual gaming.
- Display with no stuttering: Because of the high refresh rate of the 15.6-inch 240Hz display, you won’t miss a single frame of the game while playing it smoothly and vibrantly.
- Play Cool: A compact chassis that incorporates advanced CPU and GPU cooling technology to maximize airflow and thermals for smooth gaming and performance in a small footprint.
HP OMEN 15-EK0013DX Core i7-10750H:
|Processor||10th Gen Core i7-10750H|
|Graphics Adapter||6GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060|
An all-new minimalist design has been unveiled for HP’s Omen 15 gaming notebook. HP’s Omen 15 workstation laptop represents a significant shift in design for the company’s computers. The Omen 15 from HP has a wide range of hardware options. There are a variety of Intel and AMD processors to choose from it.
An IPS panel with 1,920 x 1,080-pixel resolution uses to display the generated images. Dual-channel 8 GB DDR4-3,200 RAM and 512 GB NVMe SSD in the M.2 form factor also include.
The Omen 15’s 144Hz anti-glare anti-reflection screen is more than adequate—HP claims 300 nits and 72% NTSC gamut coverage in terms of brightness and color. Wide viewing angles prevent the picture from becoming washed out.
- Tempest Cooling: Cool down when the going gets tough with a cutting-edge laptop thermal solution from When the action gets hot, the 3-sided venting and 5-way ventilation keep things cool.
- 300Hz FHD glare-free display: Smooth, clear gameplay is made possible thanks to the high refresh rate of 300Hz and the 1080p Full HD resolution, which significantly reduces image ghosting.
- Memory H10 w/ SSD: Launch your most often used programs faster. With two cutting-edge technologies in a single form factor, you can accomplish more in less time while loading heavy-duty photos and movies.
GIGABYTE Aero 15X v8-BK4
|Processor||Intel Core i7-8750H|
|Graphics Adapter||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070|
Gigabyte has improved the Aero 15X, which was already the best lightweight laptop you could buy. The all-new 6-core Intel processor and a gaming display give it the power and portability to blast away its competitors in terms of performance.
In terms of processors, the Aero 15X v8 is based on the Core i7-8750H, which, like its more costly sibling, the Core i7-8850H, has 9 MB of L3 cache and a TDP of 45 W, making it the best laptop for Ableton live 10 Coffee Lake processor. An 8-core processor and 16 GB of DDR4-RAM includes in this system. You may easily increase to 32 GB in the future because the second slot is still available.
There is a good selection of connectors on the right side, including an Ethernet port, a USB 3.0 port, an HDMI output, a Mini DisplayPort, and a headphone jack. This laptop also contains a DVD drive. When it comes to the display, we’re impressed. Despite the limitation of a 144Hz refresh rate on the Ultra HD panel, movies and games appear beautiful.
- Astonishing Battery Life: You can work longer with the AERO 15X owing to its high-performance 94Wh battery and a variety of charging modes that allow you to tailor your AERO even further.
- Pantone Color System: An alliance with X-Rite Pantone ensures that all colors reproduce accurately. X-Rite Pantone provides a professional calibration solution for the laptop’s displays.
- Next-Generation Computing: The AERO 15X is powered by the latest 8th generation Intel Core i7-8750H processor, which boasts a 50% boost in performance over the previous generation.
Razer Blade 15 Core i7-8750H:
|Processor||8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core processor|
|Graphics Adapter||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-Q|
With its excellent features, the Razer Blade 15 is a well-designed best laptop for Rekordbox and Ableton that has gained widespread popularity among gamers. The laptop features a long-lasting battery and is perfectly suited for work with Ableton Live. This computer is ideal for listening to Ableton music with a 15.6-inch monitor and speakers that produce the greatest audio output.
The performance of this particular razer blade is excellent. An all-rounder, as the term implies, is capable of performing well under pressure. Perform admirably while keeping live events running smoothly in Ableton Live.
Because of its outstanding performance, this laptop is favored by the majority of consumers. Because it contains 16GB of RAM and 256GB to 2TB of hard drive storage, it can support music production utilizing Ableton software. The battery life of the Razer Blade 15 is as impressive as it should be. It depletes its battery more quickly than the normal high-end gaming laptop. For 3 hours and 12 minutes, it is only possible to use it.
- Calibrated display: In order to offer the greatest possible display experience, each Razer Blade 15 laptop gives its bespoke profile. 4.9mm narrow bezels surround the 15.6″ Full HD display, which supports sRGB color space.
- RGB Backlighting Keyboard: This edition of the Razer Blade 15 has a Razer Chroma-powered single-zone backlit keyboard. To personalize the light that shines through all keys, you can choose from 16.8 million different colors.
- Memory & Storage Expansion: Easily upgrade the RAM and storage on your Razer Blade 15 computer (up to 32GB) by removing the bottom metal shell and accessing the m.2 and 2.5″ 7mm discs.
Dell XPS 9570 Laptop Core i7-8750H:
|Processor||8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H|
|Graphics Adapter||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti|
Dell is a brand that is synonymous with high performance and eye-catching design. The Dell XPS 9570 is another best laptop CPU for Ableton live that has earned a reputation for being a powerhouse with exceptional high-end performance. The long battery life of this finest computer for music creation, up to ten hours at full power, is its most striking feature.
This laptop boasts the best processor for music creation, the 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-8750H processor, which is also a lovely business laptop. It allows for the comfortable use of multiple software applications. Regarding storage, this best laptop for music production comes with 16GB of DDR4 RAM that is expandable and 512GB of storage space, which is plenty to allow you to run the Ableton software at its peak performance.
In addition, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card allows you to enjoy the fantastic widescreen comfortably. The screen is non-touch, but it provides an immersive experience due to its IPS full HD resolution.
- CinemaStream: Killer Wireless distributes the maximum amount of bandwidth to your films or music, ensuring a smooth, stutter-free experience.
- CinemaSound: Waves MaxxAudio enhances the amplitude of each note while also clarifying each tone, resulting in studio-quality sound.
- InfinityEdge display: In order to maximize screen area, the 15.6-inch display is housed within a laptop that is closer to the size of a 14-inch, due to a bezel that measures only 5.7mm in thickness and is nearly borderless.
ASUS ZenBook 14 Core i7-8550U:
|Processor||8th gen Core i7-8550U Processor|
|Graphics Adapter||Intel HD Graphics 620|
Looking for the best laptop for Ableton? Asus is the right choice. A total of 16 GB GGR3 RAM runs at 1866MHz on the Asus ZenBook 14 laptop. Regarding storage capacity, it includes a solid-state drive (SSD) with a size of 512GB, and this provides a lot of storage space for all of your crucial documents and data files
The battery life is approximately 8 hours, which is excellent because most high-end laptops will not last that long on a single charge anyhow. Looking at the processor and all other components, we can say that the integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 is a wonderful feature.
It has one USB 2.0 port and two USB 3.1 ports on the back of the device. Aside from that, it has a mini HDMI port, a USB Type-C port, a strong SD card reader, and Wi-Fi 802.11a/c.
- Superb gamut display: The ZenBook UX430 is the latest in a long line of ZenBooks. The anti-glare display features a color gamut of 100 percent sRGB, making it capable of displaying more vibrant and realistic colors than a normal monitor.
- Reversible USB: The ZenBook UX430 comes with a reversible USB Type-C (USB-C) connection that may use in any orientation to make connecting devices as simple as possible.
- Compact and lightweight: Its slim and small 13-inch chassis is only 0.62 inches thick, making it ideal for carrying in a briefcase, and its superior lightweight construction keeps the weight down to 2.9 lbs, ensuring that it is never a burden when you’re on the road.
LG Gram 16Z90P Laptop Core i7:
|Processor||11th generation Intel core i7-1165G7 Processor|
For Ableton users, the LG Gram 16Z90P laptop is a popular choice thanks to its plethora of high-end capabilities, ultra-slim design, and low weight. As a result, this model is extremely lightweight and easy to carry around.
In order to complete a wide range of jobs like gaming, designing, video editing, and music production, the laptop equips with a potent Intel processor and enough memory. As one of the best laptops for Ableton music production, LG’s laptop is well-known for its lightweight and beautiful design. This small laptop is powered by an 8th generation Intel Core i7 processor.
Laptop buyers will like the higher visual quality provided by the 16-inch IPS display. A single charge of the laptop’s lithium-ion battery provides 19.5 hours of battery life. Having a 1TB SSD and 16GB RAM will ensure that you have no issues with processing, booting, and recovery. Even Ableton’s newest version, which is due out soon, will be compatible with this laptop.
- DTS: Even if you don’t have headphones, you may still enjoy a rich, immersive audio experience thanks to X Ultra. The LG Gram’s improved hardware includes a smart amplifier and dual speakers for excellent sound.
- Thunderbolt connector: With Thunderbolt 4, you can connect two 4K displays and one 8K display to a single Thunderbolt port with ease, security, and stability. In addition, the 16Z90P increases productivity by supporting 100W PC charging, USB4 compatibility, and the next generation of interfaces.
- Enhanced Key Pitch Stroke: Key pitch stroke has increased from 1.5mm to 1.6mm compared to prior models to provide more comfortable typing.
The best windows laptop for Ableton software compatibility has already been discussed and mentioned. However, if you are still unsure, here is a buyer’s guide that might help you determine making a wise investment.
There are various system requirements for Ableton that are both minimal and recommended. Gaming-related laptops typically have high-end graphics cards and enormous storage capacities, but Ableton software needs a laptop with adequate CPU and storage capacity.
In order to use Ableton, you should have at least 8GB of RAM. Having 8GB of RAM on a laptop is necessary because you’ll be dealing with enormous files and a wide variety of libraries.
In general, a machine with 16 GB of RAM should use. Music production in Ableton Live requires at least one of the laptops on this list to run. The more RAM you have when using Ableton, the smoother and more efficient the software will run.
An i5 3rd generation processor requires to run Ableton, according to the official documentation. When evaluating an application, don’t just judge it based on its formal requirements. Ableton works properly on Intel chipsets from the 10th to the 7th generation, according to my tests. For AMD, a Ryzen 7 or higher chipset is ideal for the application.
In other words, rather than opting for the cheapest alternative on the market, that’s the route you should take. Is it necessary for you to know that the more powerful your processor is, the smoother Ableton will run?
A larger storage capacity suggests the Ableton system. During installation, it consumes 6GB of hard disc space. At events, large audio files require the utmost storage capacity. So, to run the Ableton system smoothly, you should have at least 250 GB of SSD space available on your PC.
For Ableton to work smoothly and efficiently, the hard drive should have 512GB of storage space. The recommended specifications for a laptop should take into consideration if you can afford it.
Ableton is the ideal platform for music producers since it gives them the freedom to create the music they want. However, the requirements for different Ableton versions vary. Live 11 is the most recent version of Ableton.
An FHD IPS display with 1920 x 1080 resolution suggests for a laptop. If you want to read the text in the Ableton software, you’ll have a hard time because the text gets smaller as the resolution increases.
SSD and HDD Combo: This is the best choice
Even though it’s going to cost a lot of money, it’s worth it. Musicians who have to save and render big music files, especially in a hurry, will find an SSD and HDD combo excellent.
If you’re on a tight budget, I’d recommend skipping the HDD and going with a 512GB SSD instead.
Ableton system requirements:
|System requirements||Minimum system requirements||Recommended system requirements|
|CUP||8th Gen intel core i5||9th Gen Intel Core i7|
|STORAGE||256 GB SSD||512GB SSD|
|DISPLAY||13.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080)||15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080)|
|GPU||2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX350||3GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050|
Frequently asked questions:
i. What kind of laptop do I need for Ableton Live 10?
You should need a laptop which has the following requirements:
- Windows 7 (SP1), 8 or 10 (64-bit)
- 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core (Intel Core processor or faster recommended)
- GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended)
- 1366×768 pixel display
ii. How much RAM do I need to run Ableton Live?
If you want to run Ableton Live 10 on your Mac or PC, you’ll need at least 4GB of RAM. The minimum RAM required to operate Ableton Live 11 on a Mac or Windows computer is 8GB.
Choosing the finest laptop for Ableton Live 9 or 10 is no easy task. The most significant features to look for in a music-making laptop are RAM, battery life, processor, and others. Software like Ableton 9 or Ableton 10 requires a lot of RAM. Thus it’s only reasonable that buyers opt for a laptop with enough RAM.
But having more RAM doesn’t ensure your laptop will run better. There are several types of RAM on the market. Thus the statistics alone don’t justify it.
A laptop’s performance also determines the inputs such as RAM, SSD, processor, and others. So, before making a purchase, a buyer must carefully consider all factors. Even little things like the SSD card slot are crucial because Ableton users routinely transfer files.
So, be bold and cautious, and analyze all elements according to your needs.