Highly recommend a computer software system that is used to estimate construction costs called Xactimate. Insurance companies also use it; with this application, adjusters can calculate building, repair, damage, and rebuilding costs. Adjusters often use Xactimate to generate estimates of loss and to claim settlement offers.
Insurance Adjusters generally go through proper training and learning to use Xactimate correctly. That is why many people belong to this field; they have specialized in using this tool, generally reputable licensed construction professionals specialized in Xactimate. Sometimes seeking one of those professionals can be crucial for users who are not familiar with this software application. If you are a professional in Xactimate and looking for a laptop to run this software, we created the list below to help you choose the best Laptop for Xactimate.
Recommended Xactimate Laptop Requirements
The following are some essential things that you should keep in mind before opting for a laptop for Xactimate software. Now let us look at laptop recommendations.
It is possibly the most vital element you must consider before opting for a laptop, while according to our search, some adjusters use tablets instead of a laptop. Here we want to inform you, yes tablets are light in weight and easily portable but think about this yet “tablet” that means they cannot perform well. Even a low-budget laptop can beat tablet performance. So, it is visible to buy a Laptop instead tablet. Furthermore, laptops are getting versatile and slimmer and day by day. So, the best Laptop for adjusters should be as light in weight as possible as it makes work convenient.
You do not need to spend too much money to buy robust hardware as an insurance adjuster. An AMD Ryzen 3 or Intel Core i3 budget laptop can work right for you. However, we would suggest you have at least an Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 processor to ensure a smooth and fast working experience.
Moreover, to run popular software such as Xactimate and IntegriClaim, an 8GB memory would be enough as it can handle multiple tasks simultaneously. While we talk about storage, it can be chosen as per your requirements and needs, but we would suggest Laptop should have at least an SSD for better performance, which is readily available in almost all innovative laptops.
It is not recommended to use a dedicated graphics card, as the integrated GPU memory would be enough for Xactimate software. If you do not have to issue in budget and your pocket allows you to spend, you can go with an entry-level GPU; your laptop CPU would be happy.
Battery life is one of the most discussing points in each Laptop. That is why good battery life is equally vital for adjusters, as they mostly perform work on-the-go. Hence, you should not find a laptop that offers lack performance and low battery life. Do not worry; we have researched and recommend you many reliable laptops with good battery life.
While it is considered that a 13-inch or 14-inch is good to use for an insurance adjuster, laptops that fall under this category provide enough screen for working without being clumsy. Moreover, you can pay attention to the resolution; these days, full HD resolution is entirely at the top standard level.
While when you think about the screen size, you can also select a touchscreen laptop, making the working experience more straightforward and more convenient. While remembering that, it should be convertible in design; otherwise, you will not be able to get the desired result.
Best laptops for Xactimate
Now we will discuss the best laptops for insurance adjusters to run Xactimate software. Moreover, we will also talk about what we should consider when opting for a laptop for an insurance adjuster. So, let us get started!
Razer Blade Stealth 13 For insurance adjusters
- Performance for Work and Gaming: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (25W) 4GB VRAM graphics, Quad-core 8th Gen Intel Core i7 -8565U processor,...
- Designed for Mobility: Ultra thin, light and incredibly durable with a CNC unibody aluminum frame and long battery life
- 4K Thin Bezel Touch Display: Visually stunning 4K touch Display with 100 percent sRGB color space for content creation,...
- Powered By Razer Chroma: Keyboard featuring single-zone RGB lighting with 16.8 million color options, and a precision glass...
- Complete Connectivity: Includes Thunderbolt 3, USB-C, USB-A, Wireless AC, Windows Hello infrared camera, and dual-array mics
The Razer Blade Stealth 13 is an Ultrabook that is considered a good a good gaming Laptop. The Laptop has a dedicated GPU, looks stylish, Quad-core 8th Gen Intel Core i7 -8565U processor, and long battery life offer good value to run Xactimate software. Our testing shows that it is still firmly a productivity laptop that is good to manage high demanding software.
- Quad-core 8th Gen Intel Core i7 -8565U processor,
- Performance for Work and Gaming: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (25W) 4GB VRAM graphics
- Designed for Mobility: Ultra-thin, light, and incredibly durable with a CNC unibody aluminum frame.
- long battery life
The Razer Blade Stealth 13 is an excellent ultraportable that comes with a discrete GPU, and it is good enough for the best gaming experiences and right to perform productivity tasks.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Laptop for Independent adjuster
- Brand Lenovo, Model 20KH002JUS
- Product Type: Ultrabook, Processor Manufacturer: Intel, Processor Type: Core i7, Processor Generation: 8th Gen, Processor Model:...
- Display Screen Technology: In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology, Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080, Touchscreen: Yes, Graphics...
- Front Camera/Webcam: Yes, Finger Print Reader: Yes, HDMI: Yes, Total Number of USB Ports: 4, Number of USB 3.0 Ports: 2, USB...
- Keyboard Localization: English (US), Number of Batteries: 1, Number of Cells: 3-cell, Input Voltage: 120 V AC, Input Voltage: 230...
ThinkPad X1 Carbon comes with an Intel Core i5-10310U with a vPro CPU and 8GB of RAM. Moreover, it is a higher-end model with a Core i7-10610U with a vPro CPU and 16GB of RAM. If your Laptop is getting sluggish during work at the office and you are thinking about a new one, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon should be at the top of your list. It has ultra slim properties yet durable bodywork, fantastic display possibilities, the best keyboard, and fast performance. Further, Thinkpad X1 Carbon also provides good battery life (on the 1080p model); this is one of the best laptops for the independent adjuster.
- Processor Type: Core i7, Processor Generation: 8th Gen
- Display Screen Technology: In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology, Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080.
- Computer Memory Size: 16 GB
- Screen Size: 14″, Display Screen Type: LCD,
Lenovo’s ThinkPad X1 Carbon provides faster performance, which is why it is considered the best business laptop around. So, ThinkPad X1 Carbon 8th Gen is practically useful to run high-resolution software. Today it maintains its position as the best business laptop on the market for adjusters.
Dell New 2019 XPS 13 9380
With its excellent webcam results and longer battery life, Intel Core i7-8565U, and Windows 10 Professional, the Dell XPS 13 9380 is still among the very best Laptop the world over, even it is ‘Best in Class’ laptop label list. The Laptop has useful features to run high-resolution software.
- Intel Core i7-8565U (Quad-Core, 8M Cache
- 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe State Solid Drive (SSD)
- Windows 10 Professional
- 3” 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160) Touch
Dell always prefers to improve the webcam that you can also see in Dell New 2019 XPS 13 9380, and it provides good cam results to users. It is also the highest recommendation and a rare five-star rating laptop. Thus the XPS 13 (9380) is the best ultraportable Laptop that you can buy.
Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 Xactimate on Chromebook
- Work from home, school, or anywhere with the outstanding combination of performance, connectivity, and entertainment enabled by...
- This 2-in-1 laptop combines a keyboard and touchscreen to make it easy to interact with everything on your display. You can also...
- The 13.3-inch FHD display in this slim, light 360° convertible Chromebook offers beautiful visuals, while narrow bezels minimize...
- Use your Google account to easily access files, videos, music, and documents stored on the cloud from anywhere. With up to 10...
- Connect with the built-in webcam, 2 USB Type-C ports, a USB Type-A port, and an audio jack. It also has the latest Intel Wi-Fi 6...
One of several versions of Lenovo’s convertible laptops, Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 is one of the best laptops around; it retains most of the simple, contemplative design flourishes, excellent 14-inch version that runs Windows 10. The Chrome operating system, a 10th generation Intel Core processor, and 64GB of flash-based storage help run high-resolution software. The Flex 5 Chromebook often prefer as an on-going work or outside the office work as it offers long battery life and a microSD card reader to add additional storage on the cheap.
- 10th generation Intel Core processors
- 13-inch FHD display in this slim, light 360°
- You will stay productive with up to 10 hours of battery life,
- Latest Intel Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 a fast, reliable connection
Most Chromebooks that are low in price have smaller displays, quiet battery life, and slower processors. But spending a little bit more on this Lenovo is worth it because it is merely better. The body is slightly larger than 11.6-inch models like those commonly used by school constituencies. However, the larger 13-inch display makes a significant change when scrolling through to buy Laptop for Xactimate software. So, If you need the best specs Laptop then prefer this Laptop.
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 For Xactimate
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds. Sensors : Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- All day battery life, with upto 13.5 hours of video playback
- Pair with our signature type cover in luxurious Alcantara material and rich colors for a full keyboard experience
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 makes a good argument for buying a Laptop with useful features. As it has a much better battery life. Moreover, the Surface Pro 7 provides faster performance because of its 10th Gen CPU. The new Surface Pro 6 lasted nearly 2 hours longer on battery test than its predecessor while delivering a lot more speed via its 8th-generation quad-core Core i5 processor. Thus overall, this is one of the best laptops for work and play.
- New 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra-slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds.
- All-day battery life, with up to 13.5 hours
- Screen Size: 12.3 Inches – 11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches
The Microsoft Surface Pro 6’s significantly come with a fast 8th-gen Intel processor & longer battery life that make this the Windows 2-in-1 to beat and best Laptop for the independent adjuster in the highly competitive market.
Frequently Ask Questions
Can Xactimate run on a Mac?
Yes, Xactimate can run on a Mac, and if you have a mac, then you will not have to need to buy an additional laptop. It is affordable, good to run high demanding software, so it provides good performance, and you do not need to worry about it.
What software do insurance adjusters use?
Xactimate is a computer software system that is widely used for estimating construction costs. Today it has become widely used by insurance companies. Insurance company adjusters make use of it to calculate repair, rebuilding, and building damage costs. Adjusters use Xactimate to produce loss estimates and claim settlement offers.
What is the difference between Xactimate 28 and X1?
X1 is the newest version of Xactimate, and a cloud-based version of Xactimate is 28. A cloud-based version of XM8 means all the essential data and files will be stored in the cloud and available on all your devices. So, you will no longer require determining whether to get the desktop or mobile versions.
Which Laptop is best for heavy software?
Following are the best laptops for heavy software
- Razer Blade Stealth 13
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Laptop
- Dell New 2019 XPS 13 9380
- Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6
All the above laptops that we have reviewed above are the best laptops for Xactimate. These laptops come with the latest processors, which have a generous amount of storage and RAM & are plenty fast performance. We suggest choosing one form these laptops if you are the insurance claims adjusters and CAT adjusters. If you any question, please comment us below.