Finding a perfect laptop for cloud computing is not an easy task. Due to varying specifications, not every monitor is suitable for cloud computing. In addition, cloud computing requires a powerful and super-fast laptop for smooth working. Processor, Ram, Storage, and Graphics Card play a vital role in the seamless performance of your computer.
After testing multiple machines, we have selected the five best laptops for cloud computing. These laptops are perfect for multi-tasking and for using high-end software. Our buying guide will enable you to find the best laptop according to your unique working requirements.
Best Laptops for Cloud Computing 2022
|LG GRAM 16Z90P||4.6 out of 5|
|Acer Swift 5 Intel Evo||4.3 out of 5|
|ASUS Zen Book Pro Duo||4.3 out of 5|
|Dell Inspiron 5000 Series||4.1 out of 5|
|Dell XPS 15||4.2 out of 5|
LG GRAM 16Z90P Best Laptop for Cloud Computing
LG gram has an IPS LCD which uses IPS technology to offer 178 degrees of view without any color shifting or color distortion. Its screen size is 16-inch wide with a display resolution of 2560×1600 pixels. This machine is enabled with Platform Intel Evo, and its Processor is Intel Core i7-1165G7. It offers Intel Graphics 11 Generation Processor, which is perfect for editing content. Its 16GB RAM provides excellent performance to generate, develop, edit, and multi-task material.
This laptop has a 1TB SSD component for reliable and flashed-access storage. It offers versatile connectivity ports, including a USB Type-C port, USB-A 3.2, Micro SSD, and 3.5 mm Audio Jackets. Get more done with a single charge up to 22 hours of battery life. In addition, it is a highly lightweight and portable device with only 2.6 lbs. weight.
- Smooth Keypad: Extra-large and flat keycaps are used to reduce mistakes seamlessly.
- Exceptional Display Ratio: Coincides with the display ratio for design consistency, which results in convenient control even with no mouse.
- Perfect for high-end graphics: The new Intel Core processor with Iris Xe Graphics features the Intel Evo Platform with a capacity of 1.2x CPU performance and a graphical capacity of 1.8X than its former. It creates and edits high-resolution content to suit the most stringent requirements.
- Versatile Ports: Thunderbolt 4 enables you to connect dual 4K and single 8K monitors with stability, scalability, and security using one Thunderbolt port. Moreover, 16Z90P enhances productivity by providing a 100W PC charge, supporting the next-generation interface, and compatibility with USB4.
- Lightweight Metal Body: The entire metal body built from magnesium alloy is lightweight and robust for airplane materials. The strength of the MIL-STD-810G Military Standard, which controls seven factors from impact, dust, and extremes of temperatures, affirm the military standard of durability and reliability.
Acer Swift 5 Intel Evo Ultra-Thin & Lightweight Laptop
Acer Swift 5 is a sophisticated PC with anti-functional solutions which provide the highest computer protection. This laptop has the optimal blend of limiting performance, intelligent battery life, and fast sleep mode wake. The 11th Gen Intel Core Processor, which features vibrant Intel Iris Xe graphics and quick Intel WLAN 6 access, enables you to focus, create and participate on new levels.
It comes with four cores, eight threads, and a 12MB Intel intelligent smart cache. Its screen size is 14-inch with full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. Connectivity ports of this laptop include 1 USB Port Type-C, USB 3.2 generation 2, Display Port (up to 10 GBPS), 2 USB 3.2 generation1 port, and 1 HDMI port. In addition, it has the complete antibacterial solution, antimicrobial corning gorilla, and Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6. Moreover, this laptop entails fingerprint bio protection and remarkable battery life of up to 15 hours.
- Screen Size and Resolution: Its standing screen display size is 14 inches with a maximum 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
- Processor Type and RAM: This device is embedded with a 4.7 GHz Core i7 processor. Its RAM is 16 GB LPDDR4 and has a flash memory of 1 TB.
- Battery and Ports: This laptop has 3 USB ports with a fantastic battery timing of 15 hours. This device also supports Wireless Type Bluetooth.
- Operating System: You can use Windows 10 Operating System on this laptop for cloud computing.
ASUS Zen Book Pro Duo Recommended Laptop for Point Cloud Processing
ASUS Zen Book Pro is a phenomenally designed laptop with minimal flaws so far in 3 days of professional use. First, the battery life under standard usage (video streaming + web + office files) has been in the 4-5 hour range with intermediate to high screen brightness. Second, the laptop is continuously silent. Third, the dual-screen works flawlessly at the first initiation of Windows with no additional input/installation required.
Setting up a hotkey to auto-load preset applications was self-explanatory and straightforward, and this function works flawlessly. Like the primary screen, the secondary screen is touch responsive and works well with the bundled Asus pen or by finger touch. The keyboard is beautifully responsive and pleasant to use, and I have found no need to use the wrist rest. The offset touchpad works well if you are right-handed, but the responsiveness to the touchpad is slightly worse than a MacBook so far, although the settings for this could be optimized better within Windows.
I highly recommend this laptop and expect it will be trendy for busy professionals who do much multi-tasking and are required to respond to many things at the moment- or who like to utilize a glance instead of flipping back and forth amongst screens- or any other possible usages.
- Screen Size and Display Resolution: Its standing screen size is 15.6 inches, and the maximum screen resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- RAM Capacity and Speed: Its RAM is 16 GB DDR4 with a speed of 2666 Mhz.
- Storage and Graphics: Its hard drive is 1 TB flash memory solid-state, and the graphics coprocessor is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.
- Screen Pad Plus feature: Screen Pad Plus is an unlimited 14″ 4K matt touch screen that optimizes the multi-tasking experience by enhancing the screen or splitting windows and applications on both screens.
- Processor: Intel Quad-Core Processor with NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 Late 9th generation i7-9750H (12M cache, 4.5 GHz).
Dell Inspiron 5000 Series 16-inch Laptop for AWS Developers
Another best device for cloud computing is Dell Inspiron 5000 Series Laptop. This device comes with all the latest components, which are necessary for high storage and multi-tasking. The performance of this laptop is exceptional, and it will enable you to work smoothly and efficiently.
The battery timing of this device is impressive, and you can work for long hours without any recharging hassle. It is a stylish laptop that is embedded with a premium-quality keyword. Though it has no touch screen, it is still a good choice for high storage tasks.
- Processor: This laptop possesses the 11th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor with 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 4.7 GHz Max Turbo Frequency, and 12 MB Cache.
- RAM: It has a 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM memory and 1 TB PCIe SSD.
- Operating System: Its operating system is Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Display: It comes with a 15.6-inch screen size and FHD 1920 x 1080 pixels display resolution.
- Ports: This laptop offer ports like 1 x Micro SD Card Reader, 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo, 1 x Power jack, 1 x HDMI 1.4, 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (DP/Power Delivery).
- Lightweight and Stylish Laptop: Its weight is 3.78 lbs. (1.71kg), and its color is pretty platinum silver.
Dell XPS 15 Ultimate Choice for Laser Scanning
Dell XPS 15 is the smallest 15.6-inch performance laptop with a stunning Infinity edge display. This laptop comes with an 8th Gen Intel Core processor with up to 6 cores and 12 threads. The graphics quality and CPU speed of this laptop are unrivaled. In addition, this laptop comes with superior connectivity ports featuring 3 USB ports. You can use this device for home as well as official tasks.
- Display: It has a 15.6-inch screen size with 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 display resolution. It includes 100% Infinity Edge anti-reflective touch IPS with RGB 500-Nits Display.
- Processor: This machine has a 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h processor with12MB Cache, 6 Cores, and 4.5 GHz frequency.
- Graphics Quality: Dell XPS 15 supports NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5.
- Keyboard: It has a backlit English keyboard with fingerprint reader and has Bluetooth functions.
You should consider the following specifications before buying any laptop for cloud computing. Assess these features by comparing different laptops and selecting a device that suits your ultimate working needs.
The Processor is the most critical component to experience the seamless performance of your laptop. For cloud computing, you should buy a laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 or Intel Core i7 processors with the latest generations. The performance of these processors is exceptional, and they enable you to run high-end software with ease and smooth.
RAM in any laptop plays a vital role in executing the tasks quickly and efficiently. 16 GB RAM is ideal for smooth cloud computing and running heavy software. If you have limited resources, you can go for 12 GB RAM or at least 8 GB RAM.
Built-in graphics cards are good enough for cloud computing and routine tasks. However, if you want to use your laptop for cloud-based video editing or playing online games, you should go for dedicated graphics cards like NVidia GeForce and AMD Radeon Series.
You should analyze SSD and HDD Storage components carefully before buying any laptop for cloud computing. Usually, laptops with 256 GB and 512 GB Storage are available in the market. However, 512 GB SSD is recommended for fast-paced cloud computing operations. Therefore, choosing SSD or HDD solely depends on you whether you want faster storage or more storage device.
A 15-inch screen size with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution is an ideal display for cloud computing. Though the display is not an essential consideration in cloud computing, but to experience an unmatching visual display, then you can go for a 17-inch laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does AWS use Intel or AMD?
AMD EPYC Gen 1 and Gen 2 are currently in use by AWS (Amazon web services). The performance with C5a is better than alternatives, and all instances of C5a are 10% – 45% less expensive than those based on Intel. In contrast, many of the cloud computing services delivered on AWS are based on Intel processors.
What is Processor in cloud computing?
The working of Processor in cloud computing is slightly different from Physical CPUs. In the Physical environment, CPUs respond to the instructions given by the programs and applications. While in cloud computing, the Physical Host CPU is connected to multiple vCPUs through cores and processes their instructions according to the assigned time schedules.
Which technology is the best for cloud computing?
Multiple cloud computing technologies are available, ranging from AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud to Edge Cloud Computing Services. The selection of cloud computing technology depends on the available resources and nature of work. Overall, Microsoft Azure is the best technology in terms of storage and speed.
Is a vCPU the same as the Core?
No, vCPU is different from a CPU Core. A Core is a physical unit of the CPU, while a vCPU is a thread of a CPU Core. Typically, one CPU Core supports four vCPUs for a single Virtual Machine (VM).
This article has covered the ultra-fast and lightweight laptops for Cloud Computing. Hope, after reading our independent review and detailed buying instructions, you are now able to get the best laptop for cloud-based tasks. If you want a laptop for Point Cloud Processing, then ASUS Zen Book Pro Duo is the best machine for you.