There is no need to say that shuttering and tearing are two common issues that every gamer faces. Thus, every player dreams of enjoying an excellent gaming experience without facing these two significant issues. So, now the question is whether it is possible for a gamer or not?
So, the good news is that now every gamer can enjoy a smooth display while playing the games. Well, not this has become possible due to the G-sync technology!
G-sync aligns the refresh rate of your monitor according to the frame render rate of the GPU. So, as a result, you can get a very smooth and excellent gameplay even if the frame rate keeps on changing. Till 2019, the G-sync technology was compatible with only a very few monitors. But For now, it can be used for all the Free-Sync compatible monitors also.
So, now most of the players can enjoy a fantastic picture quality many other expensive monitors offer but at a cheaper rate. If you are interested in enabling the G-sync with FreeSync, stay here and complete your reading. As a result, you would enjoy an incredible gaming experience with the same monitor!
What is G-Sync?
G-Sync was initially designated so that it can be used in conjunction with V-Sync. However, soon this feature was disabled. The G-Sync module enables a dynamic refresh rate proportional to your GPU’s output, similar to V-Sync but without the stuttering dips and significant input lag periods.
Thus, if you have a 144Hz gaming monitor and a game that requires 60 frames per second, G-SYNC will dynamically modify the display’s refresh rate to 60Hz to give you 60 complete frames per second without tearing.
G-Sync updates the display precisely when a frame is complete and ready to be output by the GPU. The refresh rate indicates the maximum frame rate at which the G-Sync module operates, and with G-Sync, there should be no apparent latency or tearing.
It works similarly to V-sync by syncing the monitor’s refresh rate to the frame rate output by the GPU, resulting in a tear-free and far more immersive gaming experience. Thus, if your GPU generates frames at a slower pace than your monitor’s refresh rate, you must be noticing stuttering, but if it operates faster, it may display the next frame too rapidly, resulting in a tear.
Advantages of using G-Sync
- The G-Sync tool eliminates screen tearing caused by incompatibilities between your GPU and display or setting the VSYNC.
- Monitors have a set refresh rate; however, graphics cards’ refresh rates vary according to the image being generated, causing specific issues—G-sync assists in matching the monitor’s refresh rate to that of the graphics card.
- G-sync utilizes 768MB of DDR3 memory to retain and compare previous frames, minimizing input lag. It ensures that there is less lag between keyboard inputs and on-screen game actions.
- The gaming laptop features vibrant colors and a stutter-free display, ensuring a fluid gaming experience.
- The high refresh rates ensure that you will get the best visual performance possible.
- It enables on-the-fly adjustment of graphics performance and optimizes battery life.
- With a high dynamic range, HDR produces images with the brilliance of the human eye and is available in a broad spectrum of hues.
- G-sync displays combined with HDR displays deliver intense brightness to ensure the highest possible image quality. Gsync anticipates the next frame and automatically adjusts the display to eliminate tearing.
- It features a 240Hz frame rate and low latency, resulting in an ultra-responsive gaming experience.
- The game feels more stable when G-sync is used due to the ultra-low motion blur.
How to Enable G-Sync on FreeSync monitor?
So, you can follow the under given steps to enable the G-Sync on the Free-Sync monitor:
- Turn off your system and unhook the HDMI wire.
- Connect a DisplayPort cable to the DP-IN sockets on the GPU and monitor in place of the HDMI wire.
- Power on your computer and then enable FreeSync from the monitor’s OSD menu.
- Right-click on the desktop and select “Open Nvidia Control Panel,” G-Sync must be enabled in the Nvidia control panel.
- Now that you’ve enabled the Setup G-Sync option-click the Apply button. (If you selected the full-screen mode, you must also specify the same setting in-game.)
- Now, navigate Manage 3D settings and choose G-SYNC Compatible as the display technology and Vertical Sync On.
And to get a better understanding, you can watch the video on:
G-SYNC is a revolutionary new display technology that offers you the best gaming experience for all the players. Gsync brings a significant improvement in the display. It significantly shifts the way games are displayed in a very long time.
It transforms changing framerates between 30fps and 144hz into something pleasurable and seamless, rather than a source of screen tearing, stuttering, and lag.