Cities Skylines is a contemporary take on the classic city simulation. It is a strategy game published by Paradox Interactive in 2015 and it is developed by Colossal Order Ltd. The game presents new gameplay essentials to comprehend the thrill and hardships of maintaining & creating a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience.
If you are a love of cities skylines and searching for the best gaming laptop to play this game, then don’t worry as we are providing the right solution! As we all know that there are an available hundred and thousands of laptops in the market that’s why it is much difficult to find out which laptop is best one. So, you don’t need to worry about we are going to share with you a list of the best gaming laptop for cities skylines. So, let’s start, and before go-ahead first, we check out the system requirement of the game.
Following are the system requirements for Cities Skylines; however, be rest confident that the laptops revealed below are par from the recommended specifications, just so that you can enjoy excellent quality and high-quality gameplay, and play other powerful video games on it too. The System Requirements for Cities Skylines for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux are almost identical.
System Requirements For Cities Skyline
Windows System Requirements For Cities Skyline
These are ideal Cities Skylines Laptop Requirements that I have taken into consideration for Windows.
- CPU – Intel Core 2 Duo (3.0GHz) or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ (3.2GHz)
- Graphics – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (512 MB) or ATI Radeon HD 5670 (512 MB)
- RAM – 4GB RAM
- OS – Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1
- DirectX – DirectX 9.0
- HDD – 4GB Space
- CPU – Intel Core i5-3470 (3.20GHz) or AMD FX-6300 (3.5Ghz)
- RAM – 6GB RAM
- Graphics – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB) or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB)
- DirectX – DirectX 11.0
- HDD – 4GB Space
- OS – Windows 7/8/8.1/10
Mac Os System Requirements For Cities Skylines
- Minimum Required OS: OS X 10.9 (64-bit)
- Recommended Required OS: OS X 10.10 (64-bit)
Linux System Requirements For Cities Skylines
- Minimum Required OS: Ubuntu 12.04 (64-bit)
- Recommended Required OS: Ubuntu 14.10 (64-bit)
Note: Cities Skylines can’t support Integrated Intel Graphics in any of the OS, while you are required to get a laptop with Dedicated Graphics from Nvidia or AMD.
5 Best Gaming Laptops To Playing Cities Skylines
Cities Skylines is based on a town/city-building simulation games and the well know cities building games that may for everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s an excellent game in itself today. To be completely honest, most town simulation games work on an average computer. But Cities Skylines demands a bit of powerful hardware, and if you want to play the game on a laptop, then you should look for laptops that can provide you smooth and high-quality gameplay.
if you’re looking for the best laptop for Cities Skylines, then you’ve landed on the right page.
1. ASUS TUF FX505DT AMD Ryzen 5 for cities skylines
Though allocated as a gaming laptop, the ASUS TUF FX505DT AMD Ryzen 5 delivers decent productivity performance, thanks to a Quad-core AMD Ryzen 5 r5-3550h processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and 256GB solid-state drive, Picasso-generation chip has 35 W thermal design power (TDP) clocked at 2.1 GHz spread across making it a good laptop to Playing Cities Skylines. So, all these components make it a good productivity machine that can perform multitasks.
- Quad-core AMD Ryzen 5 r5-3550h processor
- 15.6” 120Hz Full HD (1920×1080) IPS-type display
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB graphics (base: 1395MHz, Boost: 1560MHz, TDP: 50W)
- 256GB NVMe SSD | 8GB DDR4 RAM |
- Windows 10 Home
- A durable gaming laptop with MIL-STD-810 military standard construction
- RGB backlit Keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability.
- Dual fans with anti-dust technology
[i2pc][i2pros]2x storage bays
120 Hz display option
Compact for a budget gaming laptop
Easy serviceability[/i2pros][i2cons]Slower frame rates than expected when on Low graphical settings
Single-channel RAM comes standard
Battery life could be better[/i2cons][/i2pc]
For game lovers who want to spend as little money as possible on a gaming laptop but still want to enjoy an excellent gaming experience, then the ASUS TUF FX505DT AMD Ryzen 5 is a definite kill.
2. Newest HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 3550H
Newest HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 3550H has a 15.6 Inch display for your daily needs. This laptop is powered by an AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen 5 3550H Processor, coupled with 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD, and has 7200 RPM storage at this price point.
It can run on an undefined operating system. As far as the graphics card is concerned this notebook has an undefined NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 3GB GDDR5 to manage the graphical functions. To keep it alive, it has a good battery and weighs 2.25 Kg.
- AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen 5 3550H Processor (Quad-core, 2.1 GHz Up To 3.7 GHz, 4 MB Cache),
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen LED-backlit Display,
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 3GB GDDR5
- 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD
- Card Reader, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, Webcam
- Full-size Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad,
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit,
[i2pc][i2pros]Decent gaming performance
Great 1080p display panel
Comfortable full-size keyboard[/i2pros][i2cons]All of the trackpad
Horrendous battery life[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Barring the excellent battery life and a rickety trackpad, the Newest HP Pavilion Ryzen 5 3550H is a decent all-around device that should play the current crop of games at respectable frame rates. It also has other niceties like a punchy screen and a comfortable keyboard, which make it more enjoyable.
3. Acer Nitro 7 Intel i7-9750H
Acer Nitro 7 Intel i7-9750H laptop packs NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM into a 15.6-inch chassis. Its gaming performance is stunning with its 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor with little margin. The 8 GB DDR4 Memory, 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slot’s appeal to just casual gamers. Its aluminum design, long battery life, and ability to host up to three storage drives have lots of appeals. So, enjoy Cities Skylines with this laptop.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.5 gram HQ)
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 8 GB DDR4 Memory, 256 GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots | 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades)
- Backlit Keyboard | LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) |
- Wireless: Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11ac Gigabit WiFi
- Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
[i2pc][i2pros]Effective, quiet cooling
Bright 144Hz screen
Supports up to three storage drives
Excellent battery life[/i2pros][i2cons]Red keyboard backlighting is a cliché
No flash-card reader
GPU could be peppier than the GTX 1650 at this price
Acer Nitro 7 Intel i7-9750H impresses on style and features, its performance & powerful graphics chips offer a good gaming experience. it’s not nearly as expensive and incorporates most of the features budget-minded gamers are looking for.
4. Latest Dell G3 i5-8300H
No products found.
No products found.
Go where the game takes you. The powerful NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5 graphics memory in a thin, 15.6″ gaming laptop. It includes the 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8300H Processor that can access your data faster and for less with Intel Optane memory. This gaming laptop can run several games such as Fortnite, Minecraft, Cities Skylines, and PUBG – these are some of the best gaming laptops at a recommended level.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8300H Processor (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- 8GB, 1x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, 1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with 8GB Cache
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5 graphics memory,
- Integrated Widescreen HD (720p) Webcam with Dual Array Digital Microphone
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English,
- 4-Cell 56 Whr Battery (Integrated)
[i2pc][i2pros]8th Generation Intel Core i5-8300H processor offers fast performance
Anti-glare display prevents harsh lights
gives less stress to the eyes
4-Cell 56 Whr battery offers a longer run time[/i2pros][i2cons]Noisy fan[/i2cons][/i2pc]
No products found.
This laptop received a total score of 7.53 out of 10, based on review sentiments and user opinions related to 13 features: it is an owner Satisfaction, Compatibility and App Support, Display and Design Controls and Functionality, Battery Life, Build Quality, Hardware Performance, Ease of Use, Speaker, Keyboard, Value for Money, Gaming and Size.
5. OMEN by HP 17-inch i7-8750H
OMEN by HP is a capable gaming laptop that packs a lot of performance at a relatively affordable price. The 17.3-inch diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit, 8th Generation Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8750H Processor, 1080p display gets plenty bright and vivid, and gamers will also appreciate the panel’s rate when playing fast-paced games. Equipped with 16GB of RAM, the OMEN by HP 17 is good for gamers and also good creators and power users who use demanding programs.
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8750H Processor, 6-Core, 2.2GHz up to 4.1GHz
- Display: 17.3-inch diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- Video graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- Memory: 16 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (upgradable with 2 accessible memory slots)
- Hard drive and solid-state drive: 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive + 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
- Battery life: Up to 6 hours and 45 minutes (mixed usage); up to 5 hours (video playback); up to 4 hours and 15 minutes (wireless streaming)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home
[i2pc][i2pros]Intel Core 9th Generation i7 processor allows superior gaming performance
Optimized thermal design and IR sensor keeps the laptop cool
Large display with a high resolution and fast refresh rate[/i2pros][i2cons]Loud fan sound[/i2cons][/i2pc]
The proof is in the good: The OMEN by HP can manage a typical workload when users used it as a work PC for a day. The laptop can quickly jump from page to page at the complete time. Thus, this is one of the best laptops to run games.
Frequently Ask Questions
Do cities skylines work on the laptop
Yes, the best quality laptop can play the Cities skyline town/city-building simulation game. This is one of the best city-building games with the latest features.
Is 8GB RAM enough for cities skylines
If you’re playing Cities skylines, 8GB is enough but for improvement, you can go to 16GB or even 32GB. RAM is if it’s being utilized. So, if you’re crazy about games you need it
Can cities skylines be played offline
It is welcome news if you’re wanting to play Cities: Skylines with Steam workshop mods in offline mode.
How do I install mods for cities skylines Windows 10
- Find the desired mod at Cities: Skylines Workshop page.
- Visit mod’s page and click the Subscribe button (you should be logged in).
- Wait until files are downloaded (make sure your Steam app is running and has access to the Internet).
- Restart the game, so that it can load new items.
How can I play cities skylines on Mac
System requirement for cities skylines on Mac
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz Processor.
- A 64-bit operating system.
- Graphics Cards not supported.
- Memory: 4GB RAM.
- OS: 10.9.
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5670 or better. Video RAM of 512MB or better. Intel Integrated.
- Hard Drive: 4 GB of Hard Drive space.
How do you play multiplayer on cities skylines
- You need to create a new game or open an existing game (if using an existing game, make a backup!)
- Click the Multiplayer button on the top-left of your screen.
- Update any of the fields to your liking, click Create Server.
What graphics card do I need for cities skylines
Cities: Skylines Recommended Requirements
- CPU SPEED: Info.
- RAM: 6 GB.
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB or AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB (Does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Cards)
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0.
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0.
So, these are the top 5 laptops you need to have if you want an immersive experience of “cities skylines.” We have tested tried and all of these laptops and via several of tests to give you the best possible depiction and information.
As we understand your needs for graphics, memory, and processor in a gaming laptop. Keeping that in mind we are providing you the best results. So, don’t wait up and grab one of these best laptops if you truly want to enjoy the excellent “Cities skylines” experience. You will thank us later!