Are you trying to figure out which laptop is ideal for using Microsoft Excel and Word? Nowadays, the greatest laptop is the one that’s portable and stylish while still providing the highest performance. We’ve all heard of Microsoft Office at some point in our professional or academic careers.
This tech makes it possible for us to carry out our daily tasks with the convenience required for our job. In reality, Microsoft Office is now available on almost every laptop. However, the most recent Office versions demand a lot of computing power to work well. As a result, in order to be as efficient as possible, you’ll need the best laptop for Excel.
An ultrafast CPU and a large amount of RAM are essential for a laptop designed for Microsoft Office. It’s essential to have a fast laptop even though applications like Excel, Word, and other word and number processing software seem to operate well on almost any setup.
So, we’ve collected this list of the best laptops for Microsoft Office to help you out.
11 Best Laptop For Excel And Word
1. Samsung Galaxy Book Core i7
With the Galaxy Book, Samsung has opted for a more conservative approach to design. It has a 15.6-inch screen with a 1920×1080 resolution. Its performance was satisfactory even though it was not an OLED display. Despite the low price, the colors are of exceptional quality.
Dual 2W speakers and Dolby Atmos compatibility are included in the Galaxy Book’s built-in feature. It has a Core i7-1165G7 variant, but it’s also available with the Core i5-1135G7. Both have Iris Xe integrated graphics and 8GB of RAM.
Web surfing, word processing, and some picture editing all proceeded without difficulties. Multitasking is a breeze because of the widescreen, making it possible to simultaneously use a web browser, Slack, and a word processor. These are the best laptop for excel modeling.
- Several Ports: Four ports are located on the left side of the device: two USB-C, one HDMI 2.0, and one USB-A 3.2 port. USB-A 3.2, 3.5mm headphone jack, and microSD card reader are all on the right side.
- Satisfying Keyboard: When typing, you’ll get the same level of haptic feedback as on the greatest notebooks. When pressed, the keys feel snappy and don’t make any cheap clicky noises, despite the tiny travel distance between each one.
- Processor With A Lot Of Potential: This powerful 10th generation Intel Core i7 CPU offers nearly instantaneous startup, no latency, and up to 512GB of memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Book impresses with its fast performance and low pricing. It has the potential to be a terrific laptop, but it lacks the battery life and displays to stand out fully.
2. ASUS VivoBook K571 Laptop
To provide smooth and quick computing, ASUS VivoBook K571 uses Intel CPUs. The Vivobook K571 has a 9th Generation Intel Core i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics. When it comes to workstation laptop, these are the best windows laptop for excel working.
ASUS-exclusive technology provides the finest possible visual experience. ASUS Splendid has two modes of display: for most everyday tasks, the normal mode is excellent. In order to produce magnificent images, Vivid mode adjusts the contrast to its maximum.
The Intel Optane memory in the ASUS VivoBook K571 provides 35 percent quicker data access rates than the standard PCIe SSD. By reducing heat build-up beneath the palm rest, it offers a unique interior design that solves discomfort. Gaming and video editing are both simple tasks that may be accomplished on this system.
- The IPS-Level Panel: The ASUS VivoBook K571 has an IPS-level display with up to an ultrafast 120Hz refresh rate for seamless gaming and minimum motion blur.
- Fast And Easier Connectivity: The USB Type-C connector is reversible, making it simpler to connect devices. It provides USB 3.1 Gen 1 rates of up to 5Gbps, so you can transfer a 4GB movie to a USB drive in less than 4 seconds.
- Ultimate Audio Experience: The ASUS VivoBook K571 has cutting-edge audio hardware, including a smart amplifier that boosts volume while reducing distortion.
The Asus VivoBook K571 is an excellent laptop. The Asus VivoBook K571 is a dependable mid-range professional laptop that is well known for its dual-storage capability.
3. Dell XPS 15 7590 Laptop
In 2021, the most popular and finest computer for working with huge Excel spreadsheets will be the Dell XPS 15 7590. Additionally, it features a 15.6-inch FHD display and a 12MB Cache. Anti-glare Non-Touch IPS perfect RGB 500nits screen is also included.
It will be a fantastic benefit to you because of its exceptional results. The 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750h processor, on the other hand, is the best laptop for heavy excel use, too. 512G PCIe SSD and 4.5Ghz processor are also included in the laptop.
The laptop’s fingerprint sensor is integrated with a backlit keyboard that is specifically designed for it. The fingerprint reader provides an extra layer of protection.
- Powerful Processor: The Hexa-core CPU has a maximum clock speed of 4.5 GHz. Processing power is greatly increased to handle data-intensive Excel files.
- LED-Backlit Keyboard: Dell offers a full-size LED-backlit keyboard. If you compare it to other keyboards, it has a smaller key travel of 1.3 millimeters.
- Several Ports: An HDMI 2.0 port, a MicroSD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack are all included in Dell’s Thunderbolt 3 laptop, in addition to two Type-A USB 3.1 connections.
The XPS 7590 is a good choice if you need a laptop that can handle a lot of data and codes in Excel sheets. It is a great contender as a business laptop without compromising fun.
4. ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop
TUF Gaming laptops from Asus are among the cheapest on the market. Compact in appearance, the TUF FX505 Gaming has thin bezels surrounding the screen. The matte 15.6-inch IPS display on the TUF Gaming FX505GE has a refresh rate of 144 Hz, making it ideal for gaming.
When calibrated, this IPS panel on the FX505 is a better alternative for everyday usage and gaming than the TN screen on the FX504 since it is darker and less color-accurate.
With the Intel Core i7-8750H, 16 GB of RAM (2x DIMMs), dual storage, and Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB graphics chip, you can have a six-core version of the FX505. Recently, ASUS introduced the ASUS TUF Gaming FX505GT range of gaming laptops, including AMD and Intel-powered models.
- Port Configuration: When it comes to data mining and analysis, USB Type-A, HDMI, and USB 3.0 ports can help with external processes and data transfers.
- Two Keyboard Option: Asus has two keyboard alternatives for the FX505: a red-backlit version from the FX504 lines and an RGB Aura keyboard from the ROG GL504 Scar II models.
- Great Graphics: Graphics on the ASUS TUF are excellent. NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1650 (4 GB) video card is superior to its rivals at the same price point.
The ASUS TUF FX505 is a good option if you’re searching for a gaming laptop on a budget and have space to spare on your desk.
5. Acer Aspire 7 Laptop Core i5-9300H
In 2021, the Acer Aspire 7 is the most popular and best laptop for Microsoft excel. The elegant design, strong CPU, and productivity-focused specifications have made it a popular laptop choice.
It also has a standard ninth-generation Intel Core i5-9300H central CPU with a clock speed of more than 4.1 GHz, which is included. As the finest laptop for Excel, it has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 and a 15.6-inch Full HD display.
In addition, it has 4 GB of GDDR6 VRAM and an LED-backlit IPS screen with 1080 x 1920 resolution. 8GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM and a Backlit Keyboard contribute to the laptop’s sleek appearance. It can handle mid-range games and has 1080p presets, making it a useful addition for video producers who are passionate about their work.
- Wifi Support: It also has 802. 11ac wifi enables 2×2 MU-MIMO innovation and 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN for connectivity.
- Port Configuration: Another feature that needs to be mentioned is the port layout, including Type-C, USB 3.2 Gen 1, Gig Ethernet, and various additional useful slots.
- Long Battery Life: An 8.5-hour battery backup is another useful feature for CPAs and financial analysts who like to work on the Microsoft Excel platform for extended periods.
The laptop is built with high-quality materials for a professional appearance and has an attractive, well-designed layout. However, it is the best business laptop for heavy excel use.
6. ASUS ZenBook 14 Core i7-1165G7
The Asus ZenBook 14 is the finest ultrabooks to buy if you’re searching for a device that’s both stylish and functional. With the newest 11th generation Intel i7 processor, Asus has included 12MB of cache memory and up to 4.7GHz of turbo clock speed in the motherboard’s core.
In addition to the inbuilt Intel Iris Xe graphics card, the current CPU can easily handle several workbooks and formula designs. Additional credibility is added to the keyboard by its outstanding 1.4 mm key travel.
Other innovative features include a bright webcam, decent speakers, and Cortana compatibility for enjoying productivity on the go. It can handle a wide variety of multitasking and spreadsheet management tasks.
- Long-Lasting Battery: The ZenBook 14 has an incredible battery life of 21 hours. You can get a 60% charge in only 40 minutes with its fast-charging function.
- Efficient display: One of the most impressive features of ZenBook 14 is its brilliant and crisp four-sided NanoEdge display, which has small bezels that enable an immersive viewing experience.
- Fast Connectivity: When it comes to connections, the ZenBook 14 is the thinnest laptop on the market, featuring two Thunderbolt 4 USB-C ports capable of rapid charging.
To store large amounts of data, the 512GB of SSD storage is a significant challenge. The ZenBook 14 is an excellent laptop for those who like sleeker designs and smaller displays.
7. Acer Swift 3 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U
When it comes to affordable laptops that can efficiently run Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Acer has won the hearts of a lot of people. Acer Swift 3 laptops are the best budget laptop for excel.
When it comes to performance and portability, Acer’s Swift 3 is a winner. Turbo clock speed of 4.1GHz can handle Excel sheet automation with ease. It is more than suitable for multi-threaded and thorough spreadsheets.
Acer’s 8GB system memory is designed to speed up disc caching and reduce RECALC delays. On the other hand, Gigabit Ethernet, USB Type-C, USB 3.2, HDMI with HDCP compatibility, and wifi 6 compatibility from Acer are noteworthy additions
- Long-Lasting Battery: It has a battery life of up to 11.5 hours, allowing you to carry out all of your usual chores throughout the day.
- Backlit Keyboard: In the dark, you can easily see all the keys on the keyboard to keep working for an extended period.
- AMD Ryzen 7: In addition, the laptop’s performance is enhanced by the availability of AMD Ryzen 7 processors. You won’t have to wait for long-running programs to launch because of the high processing speed.
The company has made great progress and has developed high-performance laptops for students and Office lovers. Currently, it’s one of the most powerful laptops on the market.
8. Dell XPS7390 i5-10210U
Those looking for a Windows laptop with the right balance of slimness, design, and performance have long viewed the Dell XPS 13 as one of the finest options. A Core i5-10210U CPU is available from Dell. Base clock rates are 1.8GHz and may reach as high as 4.9GHz on this quad-core CPU.
8 GB of RAM is available on the Core-i5 version, while the Core-i7 version offers double that RAM. There is no difference in the 512GB M.2 SSD storage between the two configurations.
The XPS 13 7390’s 13.3-inch size, but its small weight, makes it seem more compact. This hardware combination is ideal for regular tasks like several Chrome tabs, Photoshop editing, and even light video rendering.
- IPS Panel: It comes with an IPS Full HD display in Dell XPS 13, 7390. There’s a 13.3-inch (33.78-cm) screen, and it has a 1920x1080p resolution.
- Pulse-Width Modulation: PWM is a simple approach to regulate monitor brightness. The circuits switch the lighting off and on with a frequency unrecognizable to the human eye when you lessen the brightness.
- Blue Light Emissions: In addition to eliminating PWM, our Health-Guard profile also decreases dangerous Blue Light emissions while retaining color accuracy.
The XPS 13 7390 is a great gadget for viewing movies or playing games, even if it’s a little smaller. Dell’s stunning 4K Ultra HD display elevates both gaming and photo editing to a new level of quality.
9. Apple MacBook Air M1 Chip
You may want to consider an Apple MacBook Air if you’re going to run MS Excel at a reasonable price. These are the best laptop configuration for ms excel and access. Due to reduced TDP levels and a clock speed of up to 3.2 GHz, the Apple M1 8-Core chipset is an extremely powerful addition.
When it comes to casual online gaming, Apple’s integrated Apple 7-core GPU still can keep up with the competition. 8GB RAM is quick and can handle spreadsheets with more than 100,000 rows and columns.
An integrated camera and Touch ID for one-touch authentication make it easy to get things done. The usual backlit keyboard and trackpad also make it easy to work efficiently.
- Retina Display: Apple’s 13.3-inch retina display is adequately vivid and color correct. So, if your professional indulgences extend beyond spreadsheets, the existing screen may be a useful tool.
- Touch ID: Touch ID is a handy feature embedded directly into the extremely thin Air’s design. You can unlock your MacBook by utilizing Apple’s sensor.
- Port Arrangement: Apple provides two Thunderbolt 3 ports with charging capability, followed by one USB 3.1 port.
With its lightweight design and robust construction, it is one of the most portable laptops on the market. It also packs a significant amount of power, allowing you to get top-tier performance wherever you are.
10. HP 15 Laptop AMD Ryzen 7 3700U
If you’re finding the best laptop for excel under $500, go no further than the HP 15 Laptop. 15.6-inch low-resolution screen and poor battery life are crammed into an uninspiring chassis.
Even though the HP 15 is fast and has a good keyboard, we can’t recommend it because of those factors alone. An AMD Ryzen 5 2500U CPU with AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics, 8GB of RAM, and a 1TB HDD are included in the package. With its thick bezels, the HP 15’s inside looks exactly like its outside.
An angular design and smooth metal finish are included. The system features a twin fan cooling system and corner vents to ensure that the system remains cool while gaming.
- Steady File Transfer And Quick Boot: The inbuilt solid-state drive (SSD) provides lightning-fast file transfers and quick boot times.
- USB Port: There are two USB 3.1 ports, and a headphone jack on the left, a power connector, an RJ45 Ethernet port, an HDMI port, two USB 2.0 ports, and an SD card reader is available on the right side of the chassis.
- Highest Graphics Performance: The HP 15 Laptop’s AMD Radeon Vega 8 scored 68,225 in the 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited simulated graphics test, above the category average.
Thanks to its long-lasting battery life and thin micro-edge bezel design, the hp 15 laptop is designed to keep you busy and engaged while on the go.
11. Lenovo 130S-11IGM
If you’re on a tight budget, Lenovo’s 130S-11IGM laptop is worth a look. It’s a laptop that’s both stylish and durable in terms of its design and structure. 11.6-inch HD monitor with normal resolution provides crisp pictures.
The LED Backlight is also energy-efficient. UHD Graphics 600 is installed on the laptop. Even more, improvements may be made to its performance if it is running Windows 10. Any other laptop or desktop computer can’t be compared to Lenovo 130S for both storage and RAM.
The 64GB of storage on this laptop is more than other brands’ laptops in this price range. The inclusion of a microSD card reader makes this one of the more useful laptops.
- Battery Life: Powered by a 32Wh capacity lithium polymer battery, Lenovo claims that a single device charge is expected to last for eight hours.
- Wifi Connectivity: The wifi card employs the 802.11ac standard, which ensures that it is completely compatible with 5GHz bands and provides excellent performance.
- USB Port: For accessories and fast data transmission, you’ll find two standard USB 3.0 connections as well as a USB-C 3.1 connector onboard.
Lenovo 130S is another low-cost yet high-quality laptop you should consider purchasing, mainly if money constraints your purchase decision.
At first, if you’re not very tech-savvy, you can be overwhelmed by all of this. You may always select from the list of reviewed products. If you’re looking for laptops that have Microsoft Office, keep these things in mind:
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint might be tough to use if you don’t have a good typing keyboard on your laptop. However, the keyboard of the laptop you’re going to buy must be positioned ergonomically. This would allow you to work on several Excel projects in a short period.
Other than that, a keyboard’s slickness is also a factor. Soft-pressing keys are much superior to those that need a lot of force to trigger.
RAM And Hard Drive
You’ll need more hard drive capacity than RAM if you typically use your laptop for word processing and spreadsheets. Both are critical, but if you generate a lot of papers, you’ll need a lot of storage space. You can’t even afford to be careless with your RAM since you’ll need it for research and unfinished papers.
Microsoft Office requires a CPU speed of 1.6GHz, the 2-ore processor on laptops to work correctly. However, 2.0GHz CPUs are suggested for Skype or corporate video conferencing. For Windows laptops, Intel and its multiCore CPUs may be found. Core i5 CPUs and Intel Core i7 are the most popular, and both are part of the U of G series.
Minimum & Recommended System Requirements
Microsoft Office apps such as Excel and PowerPoint don’t require a cutting-edge hardware setup to run well. Therefore, the minimum system requirements for optimum speeds and other productivity-related professional duties should be met.
|Specs||Minimum System Requirements|
Recommended System Requirements
|GPU||Integrated Intel UHD 620||2GB NVIDIA GeForce MX250|
|CPU||10th Gen Intel Core i3 10th||Gen Intel Core i5 or better|
|Display||15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080)||15.6-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080)|
|Storage||256GB SSD||512GB SSD|
|Battery||Up to 5 hours||Up to 8 hours|
Frequently Asked Questions
i. Which laptop is best for excel?
The ASUS VivoBook K571 is an excellent laptop for Excel users on a tight budget. Because of its 9th Generation Intel Core i7 processor, it is the best laptop for large Excel files.
ii. What is the best touch screen laptop for excel?
For Excel, the Dell XPS 13 Laptop is the greatest touchscreen laptop. Using the Infinity Edge display, we can offer a 6.8% bigger 16:10 display to the 13-inch laptop, making it easier to work in 16:10.
iii. Do you have to pay for Microsoft Excel?
For decades, Excel has been the most widely used spreadsheet application on the market. However, you are not required to pay to use this service.
Although word processing isn’t a huge operation, its management is crucial. If any mistakes are made, the data might be lost or corrupted. The best laptop for one person may not be the best for another.
If you edit or write articles or papers in Microsoft Word, a laptop with a nice keyboard and a beautiful display would be excellent. A decent CPU+SSD+RAM+GPU combo is necessary if you spend a lot of time working on huge Excel spreadsheets.