Different people want different features in their cars. Nowadays, it can be done easily with the method of car tuning. Car tuning is the process of adding some extra features to your car. However, this car tuning process is not as simple as changing parts of a vehicle.
Automotive experts are popular for different car tunings. You have to explain your requirements to an automotive expert, who will customize the car according to it. For example, people usually prefer a heavy engine with a fuel-efficient car.
There is much software like ESP, MaxxECU, etc., that can be used for car tuning. However, automotive experts will need a professional laptop for great and quick car tuning. A regular laptop with fewer features can’t be a good option for car tuning.
For the process of car tuning, you will require a laptop with extra specs and good RAM and ROM. However, currently, there are several such laptops available in the market. Also, ECU is the best car tuning software for laptop that provides amazing features.
If you don’t know about laptops, the shopkeepers will have a high chance of getting tricked. That’s why we have generated a list of amazing car tuning laptops.
Best Laptop for Car Tuning
All the laptops listed below are properly reviewed and advised by experts. We ensure that one will be a perfect fit for car tuning. We have discussed their characteristics in a general overview and key features, pros, and cons.
1. ASUS ZenBook 13 ultra-slim Laptop
- 13.3” wide-view Full-HD NanoEdge bezel display
- Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (up to 3.9 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB Type C, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and Micro SD card reader
- Sleek and lightweight 2.5 lbs aluminum body for comfortable portability
If you cannot find the best laptop for car tuning, this should be your first consideration because of its long battery timing. It offers 15 hours of battery timing which means you can do your work of car tuning for long hours without any battery issues. This is because the software used for car tuning gets so much of your laptop’s power.
The laptop is paired with Windows 10 operating system by keeping in mind the needs of automotive technicians. The PCMScan is one of the best software for car tuning, which runs smoothly with Windows 10 OS. In addition, the company offers the ZenBook with 512 SSD memory capacities to store heavy files.
While testing, we realized that the company had installed a high-end graphics card to make this laptop useful for car tuning and different purposes. Another good thing is that this laptop is very light in weight which means you can easily run your car tuning software at any place. The display screen is extensive.
- Extensive connectivity: The laptop is occupied with plenty of ports, including USB C-type through which you can easily connect to any device. This feature makes this laptop very convenient for you.
- One-touch access: The windows 10 OS has updated the new Hello technology with a fingerprint sensor. It means that you don’t have to type your password every time you open your laptop with a single touch.
- Sleek design: The company has maintained all the design’s main things, including sleekness, ergonomics, and lightweight chassis. All these things packed in one laptop make it very comfortable for you.
It is a good laptop with durable chassis along with portable quality. Moreover, this laptop has strong specifications, which an automotive needs for car tuning. It also delivers good performance for sure.
2. Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 laptop
The car tuning software needs high-end laptops for proper working because their workload is heavy. Apple’s laptops are considered the best for such purposes in every field. That’s why the Macbook pro is regarded as the best laptop for automotive technicians. This laptop is a beast of power, no matter how heavy the software is.
If you can afford this laptop in your budget, then this will be your best companion in car tuning work. This laptop stands out from the competition of battery life because the company delivers what it promised to its customers. The configuration of this laptop is high-end with high core processors and eight cores GPU surely.
Moreover, this laptop is easily upgradable from 8 to 16 GB in memory terms. The storage capacity can also be improved to 512 SSD with some extra money. This laptop is not a budgeted option at all, but the performance and features it delivers are phenomenal. Additionally, the design is very smart and sleek, which attracts.
- Magic Keyboard: The laptop is packed with a magic keyboard, enabling you to do your work faster and easier than before. You can quickly do quiet typing operations while using this laptop for work.
- Thunderbolt: If your laptop has ultra-high bandwidth, it will give you ultra-versatility. That’s why this laptop is featured with USB 4, which means you can easily transfer your files, charge, and a lot more.
- Battery life: It delivers you up to 20 hours of battery timing. Isn’t it amazing? Through this laptop, you can do your work easily for hours without the tension of battery life, which will stand out.
This laptop delivers fast performance with long battery life, which is helpful for car tuning. It will not heat up early while working with heavy software for car tuning. If you can afford it, choose it.
3. Dell XPS 13 9360 Infinity Edge laptop
- 13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) Infinityedge Touch Display
- Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake i5 7200U Dual-Core;
- 8GB of 2133 MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM, 128 GB M.2 SATA SSD;
- Built-in Webcam,USB 3.0, USB-C, Thunderbolt 3 via USB Type_C, Card Reader: SD family, Network: None, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth...
- Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
If you need a laptop that should do multitasking and proper running of your car tuning software, you should consider this laptop. It has high-end specifications required for car tuning software on the laptop. In addition, it is paired with the 7th generation of Intel Core processors, which is best for multitasking.
This laptop is best for those automotive technicians who travel and want to take their laptop with them at every place because it is very light in weight. The screen and display are very bright with narrow bezels so that you can get clear and true images on the screen while working on your car tuning software. In addition, it has an elegant design.
Moreover, in our testing, we check the ports of laptops that are rich in connectivity. This laptop can indeed connect with many devices because of the many ports it offers you. The best part is that the screen of this laptop has a touch that works out very smoothly, and it is highly responsive so that you can work easily.
- Built-in webcam: The company has installed a high-quality webcam through which you can conduct various meetings online or easily talk to your friends and family for sure. Isn’t cool?
- Windows 10 OS: The windows ten operating system is paired up with this laptop, making it best for working with car tuning software. This operating software works very fast and delivers the required results.
- Touch display: The laptop has a touch display screen that allows you to control your laptop’s system with a single touch. The touch screen is highly responsive compared to other laptops in the market.
There is no doubt that this laptop is a budget laptop for car tuning. You cannot find such high-end specifications, but unfortunately, it has low battery timing. For multitasking, this laptop performs well along with car tuning software surely.
4. Lenovo YOGA C940-14 FHD Touch laptop
- 14.0 in Full HD IPS touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support, Intel Core i7-1065G7 1.3 GHz up to 3.9GHz Processor
- 512GB PCIe SSD, 12GB LPDDR4 3733 MHz RAM
- Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth 5.0, 720p webcam, 2 in 1 Full HD IPS Touchscreen Laptop/Tablet
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 (DisplayPort) 1 USB 3.1 1 headphone/microphone combo jack, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint reader, Up to 15 Hours...
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics, Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Weight:2.98lbs
This laptop is made for professional automotive technicians who require a high-end laptop to fulfill their requirements. This laptop fits perfectly in that top-notch tag because of its performance and features to the customer. If you use heavy car tuning software such as TOAD, Movi Pro, then this will be good.
The company has made this laptop by keeping all the needs of car tuning software along with high versatility. As a result, it delivers the immersive experience of working without any tension. With its help, you can maintain many of your tasks related to car tuning, such as fuel efficiency, upgrading vehicle diagnostics, etc.
Additionally, this laptop comes up with a high clock speed processor, which means every application and website will run smoothly without taking a long time. If you can afford it, you should take advantage of this laptop. The display screen can offer more colorful and bright images, which will be helpful.
- 2 in 1 laptop: This laptop can be used as a tablet because of its touch screen. You can convert this laptop easily into a tab by rotating its keyboard. It means you can benefit from a laptop and tab in one device.
- Core i7 CPU: The laptop is paired with a high-end processor to do your various tasks without any problem. This processor can perform and deliver even with heavy car tuning software.
- IPS screen: You can get brighter images while working because of its IPS panel type screen. The laptop’s screen is good for using various car tuning tasks. It has multi-touch support so you can work easily.
This two-in-one laptop offers high compatibility to its customers. This laptop is the best performativity laptop with the perfect combo of specifications and features that prove to be good even for future purposes.
5. Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible laptop
- Up to 8 hours of battery life with quick recharge technology to power your laptop computer up to 80%
- Comprehensive protection with Windows 10 helps protect against viruses, malware, and ransomware
- Convenient TrueBlock privacy shutter allows you to physically close your webcam when you're not using it
- The included Active Pen lets you draw or take notes directly on the screen, anywhere you go
- With a full HD touch display and the AMD Ryzen processor, you can work, stream, game, and edit videos
This laptop is specially made for the best cheap laptop for car tuning because of its price range and well-maintained performance. The Lenovo Company has been famous from the beginning because of its affordable business laptops with good features that make it a user-friendly brand.
This laptop is made by keeping in mind the portability of people to take their laptop at any place. In less than 800 dollars, this laptop offers you a 256 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM, and AMD Ryzen graphic card, which feels impossible before you use it. We have tested this laptop, and it performs well as the company promised to give.
It stands out from the competition because this has a 2-in-1 ability to turn itself into a tablet when you need that version to work or watch YouTube. The display screen of this laptop is fully HD with almost 250 nits so that you can work even outdoor with comfort. In addition, the keyboard and touchpad work out greatly as performance.
- Trueblock privacy: It is a unique feature you can’t get anywhere else. The laptop respects your privacy and protects it online because it automatically closes the webcam when not in use.
- Digital pen: As this is a convertible laptop in tablet, that’s why the company comes up with a digital pen so that you can use it for various purposes rather than only car tuning work with ease.
- Powerful GPU: The laptop’s processor is packed with AMD Ryzen graphics which means you can work on your heavy software of car tuning for hours without any problem. This laptop is very powerful surely.
This laptop offers you high-end specifications at a very low price that is utterly impossible to get from anywhere else. Although its battery timing is only eight hours, overall, it stands out well in every task.
6. LG Gram Laptop Core i7-1065G7
LG gram laptop with an Intel 10th generation core i7 CPU is one of the best options for car tuning. It is the lightest weight laptop on this list. You can easily carry this laptop with you anywhere. It has a feather-like weight and a stylish design that makes it more attractive to its customers.
Despite being light, it delivers heavy performance with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage. It allows you to run heavy software without getting slow or lag. Its large screen with a black border makes it look more compact. But, the screen is large enough to do video editing.
This feather-like laptop comprises a beast battery that can last up to 14 hours. So, you don’t get to worry about recharging your laptop while going out. LG gram also supports multiple ports like 3x USB 3.0, USB Type-C, HDMI, headphone jack, and MicroSD slot. With the help of these ports, you can transfer data quickly.
- Extended battery: While testing, the one thing that we found very attractive was its extended battery. Car tuning can take a lot of time to process, so this laptop is a perfect choice in this regard.
- Feather-like weight: It’s super lightweight, making this laptop very portable and can be carried anywhere. It only weighs 2.4 lbs, which is way lighter than most laptops.
- Performance: It comprises windows 10 with a 10th generation processor that enhances the performance of this laptop. You can also use this laptop for gaming other than car tuning and video editing.
It is an amazing option for car tuning, video editing, and gaming. Also, it delivers high performance even if you are running heavy software. It can be used for school and office work for sure.
7. ASUS VivoBook Thin and Lightweight
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 15.6 Inches Full HD WideView display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
- 14.2 inches wide, 0.8 inches thin and portable footprint with 0.3 inches ASUS NanoEdge bezel for a stunning 80% screen to body...
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning fast 802.11ac Wi Fi keeps you...
ASUS VivoBook is a great option for car tuning. It has all the necessary characteristics to make it the best choice for car tuning and other tasks. In addition, this amazing laptop comes with a huge battery life of 15.5 hours that helps you diagnose without worrying about sudden shutdown or recharge.
Its 15.6-inch large screen can be used to watch movies and songs. Although laptops don’t require a good graphic card, they have an Nvidia M250 graphic card, enhancing their performance. In addition, a 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor can run large storage software without getting slow.
ASUS VivoBook has a thin and sleek design that can fit anywhere. Also, the weight of this laptop is very light, and you can easily travel with it from one place to another. Furthermore, this laptop comes with 16 GB RAM and a 256 SSD hard drive, and a 1 TB HDD drive that allows you to save a lot of your data without worrying about space.
- Thin size: This laptop’s thin bezel with a sleek body design makes this laptop attractive. You can easily fit this high-performance laptop in a small bag and carry it at a meeting or conference.
- Storage capacity: You will not get worried about the storage with this laptop. It holds a 16 GB RAM, 1TB HDD, and 256 SSD hard drive to save all necessary data. You can also install an extra hard drive for more space.
- Battery life: Usually, car tuning processes take hours or even last a full day. With this laptop’s huge battery life, you can easily use this laptop for 15.5 hours without recharging.
This laptop holds a great performance with amazing battery life. Moreover, it is a versatile laptop that allows you to perform multiple tasks like video and photo editing, car tuning, gaming, live streaming, etc.
This section will hold a few things that should be noticed before buying a laptop for car tuning.
If you want a laptop that can easily tune with your car’s software, you should first check in a laptop’s processor. The CPU is the only component that will decide how fast the software will run. Therefore, you should invest in a laptop with good processing speed.
The car tuning software has different specifications and requirements. While looking for a laptop, make sure that it has computing power. The car tuning software laptop should have a 10th generation Gen Intel core i5 processor. The more powerful the processor more easily it can run the heavy software.
Suppose you want more taxing activities to perform on your laptop, then you should invest in a more powerful processor like the core i7 generation. It is a powerful processor to provide smooth functioning of all your activities without lagging. We have recommended all the suitable models with high processing speed in the above products.
After looking at the laptop’s processor, the next thing that we should not compromise on is the laptop’s RAM. A laptop with a powerful processor but not good RAM is useless. The device storage is the key feature that should be considered while looking for the best laptop for car tuning software.
Different car tuning software has different requirements, like different storage requirements, but on the safe side, it is recommended to invest in a good memory laptop. It will save you from future hassle to perform multiple tasks side by side.
We always recommend that the laptop have at least 8GB or higher RAM to process any software without lagging easily. However, if you are a businessman and car tuning is a regular part of your work, you should invest in a laptop with 16GB or higher RAM.
Storage of the device is a thing that should not be taken for granted while choosing the best laptop for the car tuning software. The laptop’s storage is the factor that decides how many files we can save on our device without compromising on the speed of the laptop.
If you choose the laptop for the car, tuning software should not have enough space, it can’t process the heavy files smoothly, and you will experience lagging in the laptop’s speed after some time. Thus, it is better to invest in a laptop with 12GB or more storage.
Since we are not using our laptop only for the car running purpose, we also have to perform many tasks side-by-side space of the laptop should be enough that after installing all the car tuning software, it should have space left for the other files. Therefore, we all need a laptop with ample space to save all the data.
You can invest in a laptop with 512Gof B space if you need it. However, it is always suggested to use the solid-state Drive. The solid-state Drive is recommended because it has a fast processing speed.
The laptop’s battery life is also a very important factor while choosing it for the car tuning software. While using a laptop, you are not always near the charging socket or on the working desk, so the laptop must have good battery life.
You are working near the vehicle or even inside the car most of the time. So, the battery lifetime of the laptop must be enough to serve you during outdoor working hours. If you are someone whose working hours last more than a day, it is better to have a laptop with more than 10 hours of battery life.
If you don’t want to experience any diagnostic issue or your battery running out, then make sure the laptop should at least have a battery capacity of 8 working hours on a single charge. If the laptop shuts down during the car tuning process, you must repeat the whole process. So, it is recommended to have a laptop with good battery life.
The display is also an important factor that we should consider while looking for the best tuning device for your car. The quality of the display should be good. The visuals of the laptop should be bright, crisp, and clear. Also, ensure that the display’s color is vivid and delivers sharp image quality.
Good display quality will help you have an easier look at the car software. Therefore, we recommend that a laptop for car tuning has a full HD display to provide a clearer and high-resolution display.
If you are thinking about the size screen size, the laptop with a screen size of 15.6 inches doesn’t in a large size because you are using the laptop inside the vehicle, so a 15.6-inch size is enough. You might have a tough time using a large-sized laptop inside the vehicle.
A Standardize of 13 to 15 inches is considered ideal for investing in a laptop for car tuning software.
It is necessary to check for the connectivity ports while investing in a laptop for car tuning purposes. Most of the tuning programs require a USB port. Therefore, it is always recommended to check the type of USB port of the laptop.
Type C USB port is a newer and slim version of the port. You’ve little connectivity issues with this port. However, you might have to use an adapter for the type C adapter. We also recommend checking if an HDMI and display port is available because you might need them when connecting to the vehicle display.
In today’s world, a laptop without Wi-Fi connectivity is useless. Therefore, we recommend investing in a laptop with a good wireless adapter. Ensure the device provides you with an easy and fast connection to your network.
The laptop should also have built- connectivity so that you can connect it to your wireless gadgets easily. Nowadays, everyone is looking for a laptop that can provide fast connectivity everywhere.
While you are looking for the best laptop for car tuning software, you should seek professional help or do your research online to understand better the products available in the markets. This buying guide will help you pick a laptop with all the specifications required for car tuning software.
i. Can I tune my car with the laptop?
The tool you will need to tune your car is a laptop, and you have to install relevant software in it for tuning. However, you don’t have to invest in a high-end laptop for the car’s tuning. If you have a laptop that you use for your office use, you can get the tuning done by that laptop.
ii. How can I test my car laptop?
Firstly you have to connect the OBD-II scan cable from the laptop to the vehicle diagnostic port, mostly located in the footwell of the driver’s side. Then click the scan button shown on the control interface. You can also view engine codes and other information.
iii. How do I check my car for problems with my computer?
Practically you can’t check for problems or any fault codes of the car through your computer. For this, you need to purchase a proper diagnostic machine to check the faults in the car. Or you have to bring it to the dealer if you don’t have enough knowledge about cars.
iv. Can you use a laptop for car diagnostics?
A computer or laptop can be used for the car’s diagnostics instead of a manual handheld scanner. You also need a kit on the safe hand in case of any emergency. The laptop software is more advanced than the handheld scanners.
v. What is the RAM requirement of the laptop for car tuning?
The minimum RAM that a laptop should have for car tuning is 8GB. However, 16GB RAM should be considered for better performance and multitasking. So when you decide to buy a laptop for car tuning, make sure the RAM fits the requirement.
Laptops have become a necessary gadget of our lives. Especially if you’re an automotive expert, you will require a good laptop with high-end features. You can run different software on a laptop to customize a car according to your client’s requirements.
The above products hold all the specifications that make them perfect for car tuning. However, if you are muddled and can’t decide on a single laptop, we suggest choosing Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop. It is a great laptop with good battery life and amazing performance.
We hope you found our article helpful and will consider our choices. Good luck with your purchase!