If you’re a YouTuber who enjoys making videos, you know how difficult it can be to find the best laptop for video editing, especially if you’ve had to learn the basics first. Although a high-end video editing laptop may seem like an unneeded expense, but it is really essential for many YouTube video editors.
Today, millions of individuals use video editing software daily. With today’s cutting-edge video editing software and laptops, even those with fundamental technical knowledge may explore the seemingly limitless possibilities of video editing.
Video editing is considerably more straightforward with the correct laptop, regardless matter whether you’re a professional video editor or just starting your own YouTube channel. For video editing, we’ve analyzed many laptops.
We’ve put up a list of suggestions; pick the appropriate laptop for your video editing requirements.
Best Laptop For Youtubers And Video Editing
In order to choose the best laptop for video editing, you need to know how much money you’re willing to spend. Using our considerable research, we’ve come up with a list of the best affordable laptops for YouTube video editing.
1. Dell Gaming G3 15 3500
- 1920 x 1080 FHD 300 nits IPS Anti-Glare
- 802.11ac 1x1 WiFi
- 16GB DDR4-2933MHz, 2x8G
- Heighten your immersive gaming experience with optional 4-zone RGB backlit keyboard and Nahimic Sound Center with dual speakers
The Dell Gaming G3 15 3500 is a robust and competent computer for editing YouTube videos. Even though it doesn’t have the same processing power as the MSI GS66, this is still a quick laptop.
Because of its 144Hz refresh rate and higher brightness (300 nits), the laptop’s 15.6-inch FHD screen is ideal for gamers who need high refresh rates and brighter screens. You can fit a full-size keyboard and Numpad on the large screen as planned. Both the keyboard and trackpad have illuminated capabilities.
As for the processor and graphics card, NVIDIA provides a GTX 1650 Ti and an Intel Core i7-10750H. It’s not the best for gaming, but it’s wonderful for video editing and streaming. A full-size SD card reader is included in the extensive port selection, which is a need for any YouTuber laptop.
The configuration includes 16GB of RAM in dual-channel mode and 512GB of SSD storage. The user may update both the RAM and the SSD, which is notable. Unfortunately, the battery life isn’t excellent, but that’s to be expected in the world of gaming laptops.
- Dual-Fan Cooling System: It has a dual-fan cooling system installed to keep your laptop cool and responsive. Speeds up the fans to keep the system cool while the CPU works harder.
- Alienware Command Center: Fine-tune your settings to improve your game experience. Create a unique environment for your program by customizing your workspace.
- Ports: A SD card reader, two USB 2.0 ports, an HDMI 2.0 port, a 3.5mm combo jack, RJ4 Ethernet, a USB-A 3.2 Gen1 slot, and a USB-C connector with DP alt-mode are included.
With this laptop, you’ll be able to edit YouTube videos on the move and broadcast live from any place. The Dell G3 3500 surprisingly became one of the primary choices for gaming in Full HD on high settings in the coming years.
2. 2021 Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 2x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 4x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 5x faster machine learning performance
- Longer battery life, up to 21 hours
When it comes to professional video editing on a laptop, there is no comparison to the 16-inch MacBook Pro (2021). Featuring the biggest laptop battery legally allowed, a studio-quality microphone, excellent speakers, and a gorgeous display, the 16-inch MacBook Pro is unquestionably the best laptop for YouTubers.
The M1 Pro and M1 Max are the newest additions to Apple’s M1 CPU family. MacBook Pro’s new Liquid Retina XDR MiniLED display produces stunningly rich and clear video on its bigger 16.2-inch screen, which boasts 1,600 nits of peak brightness.
The design is vintage Apple and may justify the high price that Apple charges for its products alone. 512GB of storage and 16GB of high-speed DDR4 RAM are included in the package. Both are upgradeable; however, we highly suggest at least 32GB of RAM and 1TB of SSD storage for each.
Apple’s powerful M1 Pro or M1 Max CPUs are included in the MacBook Pro 16-inch (2021), allowing it to perform even the most demanding video editing jobs, rendering and previewing your material very instantaneously.
- Keyboard And Trackpad: You’ll get one of the best-backlit keyboards in the market without Numpad and the biggest trackpad on any device when it comes to user input.
- Ports: A memory card slot and HDMI connector are also included so that you may connect extra displays or transfer video from a camera without the need for an adapter.
- Battery Life: A 100-watt-hour battery, paired with the M1 chip architecture’s superior efficiency, allows the device to run for up to 21 hours.
As a result of its fantastic display, strong CPU, and powerful M1 Chip, this laptop is an ideal option for demanding video editing. Final Cut Pro users will love the laptop. Using the M1 chip, a smooth editing process is achievable.
3. Lenovo Ideapad L340 Intel Core i5-9300H
- A new dimension of gaming performance awaits - with 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processors, the IdeaPad L340 gaming has the power...
- Take it to the next level - With the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics behind you, you can tame the hottest titles with faster,...
- A portal to a new sound dimension - hardwired into every Idea Pad L340 gaming is advanced Dopoundsy audio technology. Take your...
- Control your own fate - Game in 'quick' Mode or work in 'quiet' Mode. It's your call with a simple function setting that lets you...
- Final product may vary slightly from image
Lenovo’s Ideapad L340 laptop is the best budget laptop for YouTubers that you’ve been looking for. Despite its little size, it has a distinct and stylish look that’s hard to miss. The slim and small interface is the most attractive feature of Lenovo IdeaPad L340, which measures the same as high-end laptops.
A GTX 1650 graphics card and an i5-9300H processor aren’t the most powerful, but they’re plenty to allow you to make adjustments without being held down by a lack of functionality. This 2.4GHz quad-core CPU isn’t strong enough to warrant a 512GB SSD and 8GB RAM version of the L340.
As far as 4K video editing is concerned, this isn’t the best setup for it. Windows 10 Home will operate satisfactorily on this setup. Lenovo claims that the battery may last up to 9 hours on a single full charge. When playing games or editing, this should be less than 3.
It’s also possible to operate time-consuming video editing programs like After Effects without experiencing any lag. All of the laptop’s listed attributes indicate that it has excellent gaming capabilities.
- Call All The Shots: IdeaPad L340 laptops have two unique operating modes, one for gaming and the other for work. With each switch, a new look, feel, and behavior emerge.
- Keyboard: There’s a full-sized keyboard with blue backlighting here from Lenovo. Comfortable to use, it’s huge and spacious.
- I/O Ports: Two USB-A 3.1 Gen 1 ports, a USB-C port, HDMI 2.0, an RJ45 Ethernet socket, and a 3.5mm combo jack are included in this device.
It is a popular choice among bloggers and video makers due to its powerful processing and impressive features. You receive a fully-equipped laptop with the best features for such a low price.
4. ASUS ZenBook 15 Ultra-Slim Laptop
- 15.6 inch wide-view 4K UHD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with 92% screen to body ratio
- Innovative ScreenPad: 5.65-inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
- Latest 10th generation Intel Core i7-10510U Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.9 GHz) with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q...
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD and 16GB RAM
- Works with Amazon Alexa Voice Service that helps you with tasks, entertainment, general information, and more.
Among the thinnest and lightest 15-inch Ultrabooks available, the ZenBook 15 is perfect for traveling YouTubers. Designed for maximum productivity, ZenBook Pro 15 is ready to get your creative juices flowing whenever and wherever you need it.
The ZenBook Pro 15 is meant to suit your smart attitude, with a sleek form that merges well into any professional or business environment. ZenBook Pro 15’s ErgoLift hinge elevates the back of the laptop slightly, allowing the keyboard to be tilted to the ideal position for writing.
This is a really thin laptop; therefore, ASUS decided to go with a U series i7 processor (the 10510U) and the Max-Q version of the GTX 1650. Both parts are engineered to provide outstanding performance while creating little heat and exerting minimal stress on the vehicle’s battery.
Windows 10 Home is loaded on the 512 GB SSD for all your memory needs, and you receive 16 GB of RAM. It all comes together on a calibrated 15-inch 4K display. You might say the ZenBook may be the ideal 15-inch Ultrabook thanks to its massive 71Wh battery that promises 15.5 hours of power.
- I/O Ports: An IR camera that works with Windows Hello, an SD card reader, two USB-A ports, one USB-C 3.0 Gen 2 connector, an HDMI port are all included in the device.
- Touch Display: The ZenBook Pro 15 has a full-HD touch display with ultra-slim bezels that allow it to get a screen-to-body ratio of up to 88%, allowing for the best viewing experiences.
- Audio Technology: Machine learning is used by ASUS AI noise-canceling audio to remove background noise from the human voice. Ambient noise is eliminated using the ClearVoice Mic.
The ZenBook 15 is shaped like an Ultrabook and has an extremely thin profile, measuring just 0.7 inches thick at its thickest point. The ZenBook 15 is ideal for traveling YouTubers who want a compact and lightweight laptop.
5. MSI GS66 Stealth Core i7-10750H
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6" FHD, Anti-Glare Wide View Angle 240Hz 3ms
- Intel Core i7-10750H
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 Max-Q
- 16GB (8G*2) DDR4 2666MHz | 1TB NVMe SSD
With good reason, MSI’s Stealth gaming laptop range is at the top of our list of ultra-thin and light gaming laptops. They’re small and light, but they carry a powerful punch in terms of hardware, and they can last for days on end. Everything is in black. Ebony sandblasted metal makes the Stealth seem like a must-have weapon in 007’s armory.
FHD IPS-level screen, built for gamers, with a 240Hz refresh rate and 15.6-inch FHD display (which is not the fastest refresh rate but is perfect for those fast-paced gaming sessions.) However, for non-critical tasks and for YouTube gaming broadcasts, it’s excellent.
This powerful combination of an Intel Core i7-10750H processor and an RTX 2070 graphics card is capable of handling all of your gaming and editing demands. When given sufficient thermal headroom, as this laptop has, this 6-core CPU can run at speeds up to 5 GHz.
Battery saving is difficult with a 45W CPU and a 100+W GPU. As long as you need a high-performance laptop for YouTube, you’ll have to accept that compromise.
- Keyboard: Full-size RGB lighting per key is possible because of the chassis’s design. In addition to anti-ghosting capabilities and macros, you may also use the keyboard with the correct software.
- I/O Ports: Three USB-A 3.2 Gen1 ports, USB-C 3.2 Gen2 port, SD (XC/HC) port, HDMI, Mini-DisplayPort, and RJ45 are included in the large port selection.
- Battery Life: If you’re not gaming or exporting huge video files, you’ll be fortunate if you get more than 6-8 hours of usage out of this device under mild workloads.
MSI GS66 is an excellent choice for video editing on YouTube, but it’s also powerful enough to handle demanding jobs like 3D modeling and machine learning. As an added bonus, you can utilize it to broadcast your games on Twitch in real-time.
6. Asus ROG Strix G Core i7-9750H
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5 (Base: 1395 MHz, Boost: 1560 MHz; TDP: 50W)
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Hexa-Core processor
- 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home | Gigabit Wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac 2x2)
- ROG intelligent cooling thermal system with dual 12V fans, anti-dust technology, and adjustable fan modes
This ASUS ROG Strip G model isn’t fast enough for a gaming laptop, but it’s plenty quick enough for a YouTuber’s video editing machine. In addition to the 1TB of NVMe storage, you’ll be glad to have it. Full HD 1080p resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, and a 3ms reaction time are provided by the 15.6-inch IPS LCD screen (16:9) on our ROG Strix G531GT.
Indoor gaming is possible because of the display’s modest brightness. Rather not having a NumPad, the ROG Strix G531’s chicklet keyboard features thinner arrow keys. Apart from that, it’s an excellent keyboard for both gaming and the workplace.
The main selling point of the ROG Strix G-series is that it delivers the newest 9th generation Intel CPU at a reasonable price point. Core i7-9750H 2.6GHz six-core Strix G is the highest model in the Strix G line-up.
The laptop’s two 1.5W speakers were a little disappointing. Videos may be watched without headphones while you’re standing directly in front of your laptop, but most other activities need the use of headphones.
- High Refresh Rate: With a 60Hz fast refresh rate, visuals are seamless, responsive, and clear. An immersive 79.6% screen-to-body ratio and slim bezels further enhance the experience.
- Ports: As for connectors, there are 3 USB 3.2 Gen1, one USB-C 3.2 Gen2 (DP alt mode), 3.5mm combo jack, and one HDMI 2.0b port. However, the SD card reader is missing from the ports list.
- Battery Life: The ROG Strix G531GT’s 48Wh battery may last up to 4 hours for simple web surfing and media consumption tasks.
The Asus ROG Strix G531GT is an excellent choice for gamers on a budget who want the latest in gaming technology. If you’re searching for a strong enough laptop to run professional applications and powerful, this is a wonderful choice.
7. Dell XPS 15 7590 Laptop
- 15.6 inch Fhd (1920 x 1080) Infinity Edge anti glare Non Touch IPS 100 percentage RGB 500 nits Display
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750h (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 Gigahertz, 6 Cores)
- 8GB DDR4 2666MHz, 2x4G
- 512G PCIe SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
The Dell XPS 15 might be a terrific option for YouTubers who like PCs or don’t want to pay the high price of an Apple laptop. Even though these are the best laptop for beginner YouTubers, the device is still shockingly reasonable. The aluminum and carbon fiber frame of the Dell XPS 15 ensures the machine’s stability.
The XPS 15’s OLED panel makes for a stunning display, making it one of the best on the market. Video editing in 4K UHD is a breeze because of the display’s outstanding color vibrancy and clarity. Despite its slim and light design, this powerful laptop for vloggers launches apps quickly and allows lightning-fast editing of photographs and movies.
An Intel Core i7-9750H processor powers this Dell 15-inch laptop. Since Intel’s 11th generation of processors has been on the market for quite some time, this two-generation outdated CPU does seem underwhelming. On the other hand, its performance is roughly on pace with Intel’s more recent 10th and 11th generation CPUs, so there’s nothing to worry about.
With NVENC compatibility and enough power to handle photo and video editing, the GTX 1650 is an excellent option for a YouTuber’s workstation. It has 8 GB RAM and 512GB of storage space to support this GPU.
- Killer Wireless: The Killer AX1650 is approximately three times as fast as the previous generation of 80MHz 2×2 AC devices, thanks to sophisticated Wi-Fi 6 technology.
- Ports: An SD card reader (finally), two USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, an HDMI 2.0 connector, Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C with PD/DP1.2 capability, and an auxiliary audio input are all included.
- Webcam: Owing to the inclusion of Dell’s ‘world’s tiniest HD camera,’ which allows users to participate in Skype and Zoom meetings.
The Dell XPS 15 isn’t the most powerful laptop on the market, but it is one of the thinnest laptops available. It’s capable of video editing; however, it might need a little more RAM, and it’s a terrific choice for a creator on the go.
If you’re ready to pay a little more, you can obtain a far better laptop. There are a few factors to consider if you want to acquire the finest affordable laptop for YouTube video editing. First, check out system requirements for YouTubers.
|Minimum system Requirements||Recommended system Requirements|
|CPU||Intel Core i5 or Ryzen 5 4000 series||Intel Core i7 or Ryzen 7|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB|
|GPU||Dedicated Graphics 3 GB VRAM||Dedicated graphics 4GB or Higher|
|Storage||128 GB SSD or Hybrid||512 GB SSD or 1 TB HDD|
|Battery||Up to 4 hours||Up to 8 hours|
Random-access memory (RAM) is the short-term storage system built into your laptop. To put it another way, whether you open a program or work with a video file, the changes and edits you make are kept in RAM, not on a hard drive (hard disk, internal storage). You’ll want additional RAM if you’re doing a lot of memory-intensive work.
The more RAM you have, the better you can edit a 4K movie. You need to have at least 32 to 64 GB of RAM on your laptop while editing 4K. To get the highest possible bandwidth, you’ll want to look at DDR4 RAM, which is the most recent RAM configuration available.
Why acquire a laptop with a dedicated graphics card if some of the video editing programs need a lot of processing power? You can save money by skipping the GPU, but only if you don’t care about how quickly your clips are rendered.
Your subscribers want your material to be delivered as quickly as possible, but if your videos take five or six full workdays to render a single 10-minute HD film in the 1080p format, how can you maintain your promises?
You may obtain your video in 10 to 15 minutes with a dedicated GPU, saving huge time. Several video editing programs are GPU-intensive rather than CPU-intensive. This program necessitates using most of your GPU resources to execute and produce the clip effectively.
The laptop’s processor, or CPU, is the most critical component, especially when it comes to video editing laptops. To edit video, a strong mid-range CPU with several cores is needed, as well as an excellent profit margin.
A variety of laptops using Intel’s 8th generation Core i5 processors are featured. AMD’s Ryzen chip is yet another fantastic processor.
As a video editor, you’ll need enough SSD (solid-state drive) space on your laptop to keep all of your video files, footage, and output, even if you use an external storage device. A solid-state drive (SSD) is a faster and newer version of the traditional hard disk drive (HDD).
An SSD with at least 1TB of storage is recommended to save proxy and render files on your device. As a result, video editing becomes considerably more seamless and rapid. 512GB SSD could be enough for internal storage since external SSD storage is a cheap and quick solution to improve laptop performance.
You won’t be able to edit videos correctly unless you have a monitor with acceptable color accuracy. To identify whether your scene is appropriately exposed or white-balanced, you need to distinguish pink from red.
Having a MacBook with a DCI-P3 display and 100% sRGB coverage is a must, but if you can afford it, you’ll be set forever.
When it comes to video bloggers, this is extremely crucial. The size and battery life are two of the most important factors determining its mobility. There is no use in carrying a huge laptop and all of your other equipment when you often operate outside the office/studio.
Most people need a laptop to keep up with them and not worry about running out of power during their workday. Since video editing consumes a significant amount of electricity, it’s important to take advantage of available outlets wherever possible. On the other hand, a good battery life makes having a laptop more enjoyable.
i. Which is the best apple laptop for students and YouTubers?
The 16-inch MacBook Pro is, quite simply, the finest you can get when it comes to creating content. There is no other laptop with this level of display quality, and Apple’s optimizations more than make up for the lack of 11th Gen CPUs and NVIDIA top-of-the-line GPUs.
ii. Best laptop for YouTubers and bloggers?
If you’re a YouTuber or blogger, you’ll probably want a laptop with top-of-the-line specs and features. It should be built to withstand the test of time. For example, it should be able to edit high-resolution videos. The lightweight design of the laptop should not be sacrificed since YouTubers spend most of their time on the road.
iii. What computer do YouTubers use for editing?
When it comes to choosing the finest laptop for filming and editing videos for YouTube, there are a number of options to choose from. Apple, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, and Huwaei are a few of the most well-known names in the industry.
YouTubers and vloggers choose these models because they are quick, powerful, and equipped with the necessary software for creating or editing videos.
iv. How much Internet speed is required for YouTube live streaming?
Google claims that the internet speed required for YouTubers is different for different quality. YouTube videos can be broadcast in normal definition at 1 Mbps, and to go live there, at least 2 Mbps is needed. HD video streaming needs at least 2.5 Mbps, while 1080p movies demand at least 4 Mbps to stream.
v. Best video editing software for youtube beginners?
The following are some of the best video editing programs for YouTube newbies:
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Final Cut Pro X
- HitFilm Express
- Adobe Premiere Rush
It is thrilling to see new professions like YouTubers and streamers develop recently. A powerful laptop capable of video editing, streaming, and gaming will thus be required for this task. We constantly do our best to locate the best offers for you.
Using one of the aforementioned laptops, you may fine-tune your most excellent videos to include more detail. In order to produce quality YouTube videos, you need a laptop that is specifically designed for video editing.
These computers are intended explicitly for editing raw HD or 4K video. Fast processors, excellent discrete graphics, a high-resolution display, and enough of RAM are all included in these devices. Some of these laptops are reasonably priced; you won’t have to empty your savings account to purchase one of them.